OTish: Green Arrow gets head-butted at cuse game | Syracusefan.com

OTish: Green Arrow gets head-butted at cuse game

at least we know how to show our guests a good time. Yikes.

Stephen Amell head-butted by 'Arrow' fan after attending Syracuse football game
That is a shame. I knew I liked this guy but this picture makes him my favorite TV star:

-373caeb84f9b6a7b.jpg

We have to get him to stop by the Fine Lot tailgate next year.

Damn the moron who did that. I like this guy 13 years in a row even came during the Gerg years. AD should send him some Goodies to get exposure.
Thought the same. Wildhack should reach out and send an apology. Couldn't hurt. Need to make people feel welcome at the Dome. That of course goes for all fans, not just celebrities, but it never hurts to have famous fans.

Yay Syracuse! I swear there are some of the biggest idiots in this town.

Clientele is down. A lot of smart and talented people left the area, and a lot of stupid, scrubby people stayed and raised stupid, scrubby kids, which have grown into stupid, scrubby adults.

Yeah leave the celebs alone. Nobody headbutted Mark Texeira when he came to the Dome for the Indiana game. Of course, everyone was probably all distracted by his hairy chested friend and the girl in her underwear.

Clientele is down. A lot of smart and talented people left the area, and a lot of stupid, scrubby people stayed and raised stupid, scrubby kids, which have grown into stupid, scrubby adults.

Wow I really hope that post was in jest. Incredibly ignorant.

i don't think it's ignorant, there is some truth to it.

I don't think there is much truth to it at all, especially when we are talking about morons at a sporting event and using it as a blanket statement about an entire region. Ridiculous.

I don't think there is much truth to it at all, especially when we are talking about morons at a sporting event and using it as a blanket statement about an entire region. Ridiculous.
There's literally a term to describe this, I believe it's the Urban Poverty Trap. It's been a long-time but I remember talking about it in my Criminal Justice classes. Essentially successful people have the means to grow and move to more desirable areas where the poorer, less educated members of a community have no means to do so. Hence, the divide grows.

Not adding credence to either's argument, the statement just triggered this in my head.

There's literally a term to describe this, I believe it's the Urban Poverty Trap. It's been a long-time but I remember talking about it in my Criminal Justice classes. Essentially successful people have the means to grow and move to more desirable areas where the poorer, less educated members of a community have no means to do so. Hence, the divide grows.

Not adding credence to either's argument, the statement just triggered this in my head.
My thoughts as well

The premise of the movie "Idiocracy", for anyone who hasn't seen it, takes the Urban Poverty Trap a step further. Basically, America gets completely stupid because intelligent people stop having children and only the lower intelligent people continue to breed, so that over 500 years we are populated by complete idiots. It's actually scary how accurate parts of the movie are, even today. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It's very funny and underrated, imo.

The premise of the movie "Idiocracy", for anyone who hasn't seen it, takes the Urban Poverty Trap a step further. Basically, America gets completely stupid because intelligent people stop having children and only the lower intelligent people continue to breed, so that over 500 years we are populated by complete idiots. It's actually scary how accurate parts of the movie are, even today. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It's very funny and underrated, imo.

I was just about to post to the thread, isn't this the premise to Idiocracy?...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom