OT'ish: Hey, Tech savvy people! XBox One Question | Syracusefan.com

OT'ish: Hey, Tech savvy people! XBox One Question

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
So, I never have problems accessing Syracuse games on my computer/tablet/phone using the ESPN Watch app. In fact, I love the ESPN Watch app, I think they've improved the streaming quality a ton in the last few years and the access to Syracuse games is great. However, even though the games are listed on my ESPN app on XBox One, and I have streamed other sporting events on the app in the past, the Syracuse football games & basketball exhibition games DO NOT WORK when I try to watch them. Does anyone know why? Anyone else with this same problem? Do I need to be a Live Gold Member? Has ESPN/ACC not worked out a deal with Microsoft or something? It's really frustrating, especially with the games listed right in front of me... some insights would be helpful!

It could be because the game is blacked out in the area? I've had the issue before here in Charlotte. They won't work on my XBOX One but they'll work on my laptop. Just connect the laptop to an HDMI and to your TV and you'll be golden.

It's an ACCextra issue. Found out the hard way early in the football season.

Was hoping it was fixed before basketball..

I have been writing about exactly the same issues. Perfect streaming on the iPad and iMac, but the Xbox One says the same game, at the same time, on the same network... is unavailable.

I asked about this on an online chat with an ESPN rep, and was told the problem is with "my provider, and not an ESPN matter." Which makes no sense to me, as my 'provider' is Time Warner, through which i get the same internet stream that gives me the games on the apple devices...

Gotta agree with CuseTroop — something to do with ACCextra, but lawd knows why it's specific to the Xbox. Friggin microsoft...

It could be because the game is blacked out in the area? I've had the issue before here in Charlotte. They won't work on my XBOX One but they'll work on my laptop. Just connect the laptop to an HDMI and to your TV and you'll be golden.
Yeah it's not a problem of connecting my computer to the TV, but there are times where I like to watch a game on TV and have my computer functioning independently... like when I'm in the chat room with some sweet info and #HOTTAKEZ

I moved recently and dealt with a similar issue using apple tv. Everything appeared ok except watch espn said my new provider (wave) didn't allow access even though I get Espn channels on tv. So, I used my old comcast password and luckily it still works.

When you first opened the watch espn app, does xbox ask you to sign in to your provider? If so, make sure you are still signed in. If not, I think Cusetroop is right that it's Accnetwork coverage issue. I too was getting other games on the app before but I think that's because they were on ESPN channels in my area too. Not sure where you live, but maybe you can sign in with another service provider using a friend's password.

How do you sign OUT of the ESPN app? I think someone reported—somewhere else online—that he fixed his problem by signing out then signing back on. But, i got pissed-off during the last game, trying to find the menu option to do that...

The Xbox One app honestly has the worst UI I've ever seen.

How do you sign OUT of the ESPN app? I think someone reported—somewhere else online—that he fixed his problem by signing out then signing back on. But, i got pissed-off during the last game, trying to find the menu option to do that...
It's under settings. The top of the home page has menu options: featured, sports, channels, settings.

For me:
Hit "start" (button near the center of the controller with 3 horizontal lines)> Settings > Watch ESPN > Sign Out

I give up. Watching on my phone instead. This has been going on since the first football game. Obviously no one at ESPN cares so why should we?

Is it even listed on the XBONE app tonight? Not there for me. Not that I would have expected it to load anyway...

It's under settings. The top of the home page has menu options: featured, sports, channels, settings.
Thanks. I signed out, then back in. And now i can't find the Colgate game anywhere. Even as i have it playing on the iPad and desktop... Gonna scream.

I'm on ps4 - never even thought of using the espn app on there, so thanks for the heads up -
Anyway, I had to go to the "MENS BASKETBALL" section (it wasn't in the "live" line up that automatically showed up)
Good luck - I hope you find it b/c it's working for me

Thanks. I signed out, then back in. And now i can't find the Colgate game anywhere. Even as i have it playing on the iPad and desktop... Gonna scream.
Similar to what melokeith said. Select "sports", scroll down and select "men's college basketball" and then scroll down to select the game you want.

Similar to what melokeith said. Select "sports", scroll down and select "men's college basketball" and then scroll down to select the game you want.

thanks for filling in the details - I didn't dare back out to remember exactly what I did because inevitably it would stop working for me ;)

I don't even have a "SPORTS" option in the Xbox menu. I have 1-20, with one that has "More Sports," but college basketball isn't one of them.

Just uninstalled and then reinstalled the Xbox One app. Same problems. Can't find our Live game. And, when i try to play ANY syracuse content, the video is 'not available.'

Roku and TWC in Rochester with the Watch ESPN app has been working great thus far this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom