Otto’s Army into Semis of Naismith Student Section of the Year | Syracusefan.com

Otto’s Army into Semis of Naismith Student Section of the Year

After being at the UCONN game in person, I gotta say this is well deserved. I was very impressed with the student section.

The Georgetown game was amazing. Best game I've been to since the one where we rushed the court twice (and pretty cool because this time I was actually a student). Couldn't go to the UConn game though :( threw out my back playing basketball the day before lol

I guess I'll be the one to say our student section isn't even close to being the best.

OK, I must be really tired, but how do you actually cast a vote in this contest?
The link to vote is on the left hand side of the I love college hoops Facebook page (look under Wall, Info, Friend Activity, Photos, Notes and you get to Student Section Vote).

I guess I'll be the one to say our student section isn't even close to being the best.
And I guess I'll be the one to say that comments like this are absolutely useless on a thread like this.

And I guess I'll be the one to say that comments like this are absolutely useless on a thread like this.
Ditto, JLine why would you even comment on a thread like this? We are rallying support for our students here. Your comment is out of place.

The link to vote is on the left hand side of the I love college hoops Facebook page (look under Wall, Info, Friend Activity, Photos, Notes and you get to Student Section Vote).

Ah, found it. Thank you! One vote for the Orange :)

Hey guess what, if we win the vote we get $5000 to invest in making our student section better. There's no reason not to vote for your school here.

How many people do you have on it? What place are you in?

We've gotten the University and the AD to promote it pretty hard, so I think we're doing well. We were between 8 and 9 for most of the first round. We just need to finish top 8 and it's out of our hands.

Just voted six times with each of my legit email address. Got to get rid of 3-4 of them. :)

Contests like this usually just become "which is your favorite team?" polls.

Hey guess what, if we win the vote we get $5000 to invest in making our student section better. There's no reason not to vote for your school here.
BK I'll vote 100 times if you promise to spend the $5000 on big heads

by the way, remember back in 2009-2010 all the big heads? I remember seeing big heads of AO, AR, Wes, KJo almost every game. we need these back!

by the way, remember back in 2009-2010 all the big heads? I remember seeing big heads of AO, AR, Wes, KJo almost every game. we need these back!

A guy who owns a print shop came to us before gameday that year and printed like 2 or 3 dozen big heads of players and various alumni. We have a bunch of them but some have been lost to the nether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A guy who owns a print shop came to us before gameday that year and printed like 2 or 3 dozen big heads of players and various alumni. We have a bunch of them but some have been lost to the nether.

Any spare ones you want to get rid of, haha

Any spare ones you want to get rid of, haha

Nah, we still use the ones we have.

You can probably have the Bernie Fine one, for whatever reason that one seems to have lost it's appeal.

You can probably have the Bernie Fine one, for whatever reason that one seems to have lost it's appeal.

Send it to Mark Schwarz

It should make appearances at future Gloria Allred press conferences.

Since it absolutely pains us all to watch a player of an opposing team make a circus shot at the end of the shot clock, why cant we do what so many other student sections do and count down the "last five seconds" when the shot clock reads 7 or so (or count down 5 with 3 seconds to go). Duke does it and I swear it gets me every time.

All that is needed are five pieces of cardboard with numbers (1-5) on each one. The cheerleaders can hold them up and start it for the student section. Over time, everyone will follow along. Its not tough to do and only requires that people pay attention to the game.

Since it absolutely pains us all to watch a player of an opposing team make a circus shot at the end of the shot clock, why cant we do what so many other student sections do and count down the "last five seconds" when the shot clock reads 7 or so (or count down 5 with 3 seconds to go). Duke does it and I swear it gets me every time.

All that is needed are five pieces of cardboard with numbers (1-5) on each one. The cheerleaders can hold them up and start it for the student section. Over time, everyone will follow along. Its not tough to do and only requires that people pay attention to the game.

We've done that before. At least, tried to. Ran through it in pep rallies and executed it in-game. At least we did the last couple of years, not sure about this year since I've only made it up for the UConn game.