Ouch (Battle's stock) | Syracusefan.com

Ouch (Battle's stock)

He'll be just fine making a living overseas. I'm guessing 500k to 1.0 mill a year, easily.

The boys from DraftExpress have him at #57 in their latest mock draft and #63 on their big board

Too bad. He is a great player who is hindered by having to do everything himself. Put him on our teams about a decade ago and he is easily a late first rounder in my opinion. I feel like Battle has that “it” factor and will scrap his way into the league.

Too bad. He is a great player who is hindered by having to do everything himself. Put him on our teams about a decade ago and he is easily a late first rounder in my opinion. I feel like Battle has that “it” factor and will scrap his way into the league.

He's a combination of a shooting guard and a penetrating guard - he has really struggled to get past the initial defender - some does have to do with the fact that no one else can get to the rim whatsoever - he is definitely a top 40 prospect and is going to get a good chance to prove he can play in the NBA

I hate to say it, but he has been exposed a bit as a prospect.

I hate to say it, but he has been exposed a bit as a prospect.
I thought the Clemson game was disturbing as he could not get past his man off the dribble and get to the basket. It is one thing when a Hunter type shuts you down, that kid is a lottery pick. It's another when you can't score against an average ACC defender.
I do think that the pick and roll has been a waste of time as any team that looks at the tape knows our fives can't roll to the basket, catch a ball and score. So effectively our offense invites double teams on Tyus 5 times or so a game.
One big concern I've had is that Tyus has not made his floater this year at the same rate that he did last year. Scorers need to make that shot, especially given that Tyus is an inconsistent three point shooter. He also has missed a surprising amount of free throws this year, some in big spots.
Where his upside may be is during the workouts if he shows he can play man to man defense. But I'm not sure how that will go because while he does compile steals, he is not a terrific closeout defender.
I love the kid because he has worked his ass off, represented the program incredibly well, hit numerous clutch shots and gotten the most out of his ability. NBA teams put a premium on kids with good attitudes on the end of their bench, who will practice hard, stay out of trouble, be willing to play some G League ball and be ready to play when called upon due to injuries, "maintenance" days and the like. I suspect he will be selected in the late second but ultimately I think he will make more money overseas than in the NBA.
Lastly, contrary to what a poster in another thread suggested, there is no reason for him to return. He has accomplished all he can here.

he's gonna leave with a degree from syracuse and that's gonna pay long term dividends his whole life.