our 2 "golden ages" produced 0 titles | Syracusefan.com

our 2 "golden ages" produced 0 titles

'86-'91 and '09-'14.

That really sux.

Yup. The bad luck that our teams with the best chances faced at the end of 2010 and 2012 really sucked. We were clearly better than Duke and Butler in 2010, with AO.

Yup. The bad luck that our teams with the best chances faced at the end of 2010 and 2012 really sucked. We were clearly better than Duke and Butler in 2010, with AO.

Still should have been in the FF in 2010. 2012 may have been nullified so that is what it is. The team in 2013 at the end played arguably the best defense I've ever seen a Cuse team play in the tourney. That team could have easily won as well if they had even a decent first half against Michigan. I firmly believe they wouldn't have allowed Louisville to beat them 3 times after that collapse in the Garden in the BET. All 'what ifs'. I also firmly believe the 25-0 start took a major toll on that 2014 team and with such a weak NCAA they would have had as good a chance as any in an open field even though we all knew they weren't that "good" -- they were just gassed it seemed. Too many 'what ifs' for my liking. It is frustrating.

A title or two would have Mae the violations more palatable.

I don't think I could emotionally come back from winning a title and then having the NCAA take it away.

I don't think I could emotionally come back from winning a title and then having the NCAA take it away.

They could take it away but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'd rather win it and have them take it away for BS reasons than not win it at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom