Our Best Defensive Backs | Syracusefan.com

Our Best Defensive Backs

SkyTopBus44

Starter
Wake took it to our best DBs. Felt like the first time when the depth of early NFL departures really hurt us.

They are young and will learn. Was encouraged by the interception as that was a nice adjustment to the bomb from earlier in the game. Chestnut seemed to have good coverage in OT but was still beat.

Like everyone else I put a lot of the loss on Dino's decisions but when it came to making big plays Wake did beat our top secondary guys.

You couldn’t see from the camera angle but did chestnut jam him on that last play or was he just be running free? That sort of pissed me off because the series before when Schrader got sacked we were going to throw a fade or something to Queeley but they jammed Queeley and he never even got off the line that’s why Schroeder got sacked

They picked on G. Williams all day. Thompson just sat back and let the 3rd and 23 happen in front of him. I know people like to blame that call on Dino, but I’d put that on the DC and Thompson’s passive play letting the defender run 25 yards before turning around to catch the ball.

Williams & Deuce have a lot of learning to do. But, that's OK, they are young, will learn, and will be NFL draft picks. But, whoever said Williams is a first round pick next Spring has been eating shrooms all weekend.

Simmons got smoked on one of those long TDs today too. They have good WRs. I miss having good WRs

Wake does have good WR's (as does Clemson), but I don't think that was all on Simmons.

We appeared to be in man-free. The safety with deep responsibility jumped on the receiver that crossed his face and the player Simmons was covering got deep behind the Free safety. The rest is history. At the start of the season that young man was not a first or second string safety, but he was the next man up.

Watch the replay and let me know what you think.

Hartman was making pancakes back there all day. He is very good with time. He also has receivers who can go up and get the ball.

Williams & Deuce have a lot of learning to do. But, that's OK, they are young, will learn, and will be NFL draft picks. But, whoever said Williams is a first round pick next Spring has been eating shrooms all weekend.
Williams in the first round was a pre season projection by one of the mock sites, based on last years play, not on this years play.

They picked on G. Williams all day. Thompson just sat back and let the 3rd and 23 happen in front of him. I know people like to blame that call on Dino, but I’d put that on the DC and Thompson’s passive play letting the defender run 25 yards before turning around to catch the ball.
Thompson looked like he was doing what he was supposed to playing centerfield over the middle. The danm decision to give them the extra play then sit way back isn’t on any of the kids, IMO.

Williams in the first round was a pre season projection by one of the mock sites, based on last years play, not on this years play.
Exactly right. Last year's play...ancient history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom