Our Bigs | Syracusefan.com

Our Bigs

Briancuse

Living Legend
Have to do a better job of catching the ball and finishing easy baskets, we miss out on way too many easy points inside. If this team wants to be a tourney team and maybe win a game or two, we need our bigs to get better.

They were bailed out big time today by our guards and Brissett.

Chukwu, Sidibe and Dolezaj had an awful first half that allowed us to be put in a hole when we should have been up 8 or so going into half. Thankfully, Marek made half time adjustments and found ways to contribute despite not being able to contest at the rim. Unfortunately Paschal and Bourama just didnt show up. It was brissetts and moyers rebounding, paired with prolific timely scoring by multiple players and the grit of our press that got us out.

Chukwu needs to stop getting those over-the-back rebounding fouls that he picks up every game. You can't contribute if you're on the bench with foul trouble. And, since Sidibe is still not 100%, it's forcing Dolezaj to play out of position.

He absolutely needs to stop picking up what seems like at least 2 cheap fouls every game. Too valuable right now with Sidibe hurting. If you're going to foul, make it count.

He absolutely needs to stop picking up what seems like at least 2 cheap fouls every game. Too valuable right now with Sidibe hurting. If you're going to foul, make it count.
He gets one over the back on a no chance offensive rebound attempt and one illegal screen every game. It leaves him no wiggle room. The new screen rules are ridiculous by the way, no need for a change.

Yeah, the only big guy that seems to gather it well off a pass onside is Moyer. Marek, Sidibe and Chukwu all blew shots at the rim because they didn't handle the pass cleanly.

Think Brissett should play the middle when Chukwu and Sidibe are out. He at least has a man's body

The Bonnie’s May be the best team we’ve played.

tenor.gif

Our bigs need to catch the ball, gather themselves, and go up strong for layup / or dunk. what they did today was catch the ball and try to lay it up as quickly as possible before they even really had control. catch it...and freaking up fake if you have to..theyll bite.

this flipping the ball at the rim as soon as you catch it for fear of being blocked is garbage and frankly i hadn't noticed them doing that until today

If our bigs play defense and rebound that's really we can ask. Any scoring we get from them is a bonus. It's nice to see Matt maybe becoming that 4th guy a tad - he's living on the baseline and Frank is doing in a great job finding him when penetrating. And, unlike our 4/5s recently, MM goes up very strong.

It's pretty obvious we need 2 of FH/OB/TB to be on in order to have a chance vs. most decent teams. The 1st half they all struggled with the exception of FH (turnovers not withstanding) and we only scored 24pts. In the 2nd half, OB carried us for 12 minutes then FH/TB decided to show up.

Our bigs will have games where they contribute offensively, but it will random and unreliable.

I agree the bigs need to play better, but some of the drop passes were on Frank. He needs to be smarter and not deliver a pass to a 7-2 guy below the waist in traffic. There was 2 or 3 instances that Frank forced the pass in and our bigs weren’t able to handle the pass.

I agree the bigs need to play better, but some of the drop passes were on Frank. He needs to be smarter and not deliver a pass to a 7-2 guy below the waist in traffic. There was 2 or 3 instances that Frank forced the pass in and our bigs weren’t able to handle the pass.
Frank needs to re-introduce himself to the bounce pass .. although he played very well yesterday with 9 assists. Turnovers were again an issue, not because he didn't have the right idea ... but because he's not delivering the ball to guys who are in a position to receive it. That's his job as a PG and I hope it improves because our bigs are inexperienced and awkward enough. I was surprised to see that he went 9 for 18, then I realized that he missed all his 3pt shots (5). That means he shot 9-13 inside the arc ... which is an amazing statistic given how tough a game this was. Battle was 2-12 inside and Brissett was 2-10.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom