Our Conditioning is amazing | Syracusefan.com

Our Conditioning is amazing

GooseMutt

All Conference
I thought only playing 7 was going to hamper us but it doesn't. Well we probably only play 6 1/2 but we never appear tired even when we press. I noticed other teams grabbing their knees after plays but we don't. We are like energizer bunnies out there and it must relate to our conditioning program. Wow! Very impressive.

I thought only playing 7 was going to hamper us but it doesn't. Well we probably only play 6 1/2 but we never appear tired even when we press. I noticed other teams grabbing their knees after plays but we don't. We are like energizer bunnies out there and it must relate to our conditioning program. Wow! Very impressive.
Credit goes to Nebraska and Colorado st too. I wonder what white looked like before he started at Nebraska in his late twenties

Guys get used to playing lots of minutes just like they get used to regular rest if thats what they do. Our conditioning does seem to be very good this year. We need it to be because we cannot win without 4 of our guys playing big minutes every night. Its not ideal that it is a necessity this year but we are winning that way and can't win without doing it IMO.

"No team of mine will ever run out of steam before it's opponent. With only 5 (6.5) players we can't afford to." - Coach Norman Dale, Hoosiers

Awesome to see, lets keep it going! Go Orange

They were sucking wind like crazy when they were pressing. They weren't tired but they were having trouble catching their breath. The amazing thing was, they were able to hit shots and free throws anyway.

The main issue with a short rotation in college basketball is foul trouble, not fatigue. These are 18-23 year olds in peak physical condition playing twice a week. These games have 8 TV timeouts, halftime, and up to 8 team timeouts. I have no worries about this team getting tired, and they've shown no signs of fatigue yet.

I agree with most statements. These are 20 year olds who play a game and usually have 3 days or so before the next game. Pressing with only 6-7 players is tough though. West Virginia is probably the best pressing team in the country and they play 10+ guys. Where I see it coming back to haunt us would be is we get to a 2nd game in the ACC tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom