Our future series with Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's | Syracusefan.com

Our future series with Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's

Alsacs

Living Legend
We know our current 2-game contracts with Nova and SJU are expiring after this year. We start a 4 game series with Georgetown next year.
2015/17-DC 2016/18-Syracuse.

Since next year we are likely hosting a B1G team in the ACC/B1G challenge, 4 games in the Battle for Atlantis, Colgate, Cornell that leaves 5 spots for next year.

We likely only have room for one of SJU/Nova. I like to extend with Nova more just because they are consistently an NCAA tournament team and we can get games in MSG easily.

Indiana-Georgetown are playing in MSG this Saturday, Michigan State-Georgetown played at MSG last year. We can get MSG games without St. John's.

So do we think we are more likely to play as our second Big East team next year St. John's or Villanova and I would like to see if we could get our home game moved to the conference portion of our schedule. Since there are 15 ACC teams one team has to have a bye each weekend during conference play I would like our Gtown/Nova home game scheduled for that weekend during Jan/Feb if possible to give it a chance for a huge attendance and not while students are out.

We should play GT, SJ and Nova every year. The selection committee has consistently shown they do not hold "good losses" against a team and that "good wins" carry tremendous value. IMO, if we had beaten #7 Nova on the road it would more than offset the losses against Cal, Mich and SJ.

I understand its unlikely to happen but I vote for playing all 3 every year. We get one of them at home in years where we have a home game vs the Big10 and to at Home in years we have an away game vs the Big10.

If we don't play St. John's next year at MSG, we probably won't play in New York.

If we don't play St. John's next year at MSG, we probably won't play in New York.

Then I think St. John's should be the priority if its and either or at that point.

Next year we have GTown, a BiG opponent, and three of the following in Atlantis: UConn, Michigan, Gonzaga, Texas, Washington, Texas A&M and Charlotte.

Let's not go crazy here. Too many early season losses makes people grumpy.

jordoo said:
Then I think St. John's should be the priority if its and either or at that point.

Agree.

Philly is big, but NYC is bigger.

Twice a year isn't too many games In NY.

Whomever we play next year between Nova/SJU has to be at the Dome since we are playing at Georgetown.
I would love to play all 3 but JB won't like that on his plate every year. I think playing Gtown every year and rotating SJU/Nova 4 times over 6 years is perfect.

We are unlikely to play at MSG next year unless its neutral site game.

Why can't we play St. John's at MSG every year and get credit for a road game?

I thought the agreement with Nova was 1-1-1 with next year at MSG. Anyone know? Given that we recruit the Philly area hard and get a lot of kids from that area, IMO it's important to continue the series with Nova.

Why can't we play St. John's at MSG every year and get credit for a road game?
If that is the case we are better off playing UConn at MSG every year and I don't want to play UConn. Getting the Johnnies up in the Dome every 2 years is good for December season ticket holders.

I don't think we signed a 1-1-1 with Nova as both coaches talked post game about extending the series to next year.

If that is the case we are better off playing UConn at MSG every year and I don't want to play UConn. Getting the Johnnies up in the Dome every 2 years is good for December season ticket holders.

True but you basically then have either Gtown or Nova every year in the Dome. Who cares call MSG a neutral sight and give us a ticket allotment and play St. John's there every season. I want to play @ MSG every season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom