Our key player, by far... | Syracusefan.com

Our key player, by far...

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
O’Shae Brissett.
When he plays well, it spreads the court and lets everyone else do their thing.
Frank is important, so is Chukwu. But for other parts of our team to work, we have to have Freshman OB show up. JMHO

I think it’s fair to point out that Brissett looked like he was starting to heat up until he got elbowed in the head. After that, he was out of the game for awhile and when he came back in he was a complete nonfactor.

And not only did they not call a foul, they didn’t even look at it. Almost positive I’ve seen players ejected for inadvertent elbows to the head. Why didn’t they even look at it?

I think it’s fair to point out that Brissett looked like he was starting to heat up until he got elbowed in the head. After that, he was out of the game for awhile and when he came back in he was a complete nonfactor.

And not only did they not call a foul, they didn’t even look at it. Almost positive I’ve seen players ejected for inadvertent elbows to the head. Why didn’t they even look at it?

They did look at it.

Brissett is just so limited as a basketball player - he has no post moves so he is not a PF - he cannot dribble and get to the rim so he is not a SF - his shot is very average so he is not a stretch 4 - he is a good rebounder and very average at everything else

His game is to bull rush the rim with hopes of drawing a foul. It worked really well last year and he made his living at the FT line. This year, he has virtually the same strategy, he just doesn't get the calls like he did last year. It would be nice if his game could evolve a little and he could add a short pull up jumper. It'll be interesting to see what he becomes next year... I think any notion of him leaving after this year have been squashed.

They did look at it.

From my seats it looked They went over to the scorers table and they started to turn the monitor but then just back and whistled for play to start (while Oshae was still on ground)

If they did look at it, it was literally on the fly.

From my seats it looked They went over to the scorers table and they started to turn the monitor but then just back and whistled for play to start (while Oshae was still on ground)

same view from my seat

I thought they were quick about it too but then one ref went over and showed jb what they saw. Either way it was a bs non call.

I thought they were quick about it too but then one ref went over and showed jb what they on. Either way it was a bs non call.

We live in a world where that play, and CJ geting his cheek split wide open, gushing blood -
are not personal fouls. :rolleyes:

At least the refs were consistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom