Our last 2 points by PC in OT | Syracusefan.com

Our last 2 points by PC in OT

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Was that a pass by frank or a missed shot looking for contact? Did he get credited with an assist?

Definitely a pass. According to tinymaninside though, they did not give him an assist.

Chukwu saved the best, perhaps, for last. He and Howard roomed together last year. And Howard tries, more than any other Syracuse guard, to locate Chukwu inside with a pass. This time, Howard drove the baseline and lofted the ball to the rim. Chukwu barely needed to move his hands, that’s how precise the pass was. He redirected the ball through the rim and Syracuse owned a 95-91 lead with 44 seconds left to play.

“Great pass and catch,” Howard said. “Threw it up there to him. Go get it big fella.”

“The ball just came to me,” Chukwu said. “It was a perfect pass.”

Chukwu saved the best, perhaps, for last. He and Howard roomed together last year. And Howard tries, more than any other Syracuse guard, to locate Chukwu inside with a pass. This time, Howard drove the baseline and lofted the ball to the rim. Chukwu barely needed to move his hands, that’s how precise the pass was. He redirected the ball through the rim and Syracuse owned a 95-91 lead with 44 seconds left to play.

“Great pass and catch,” Howard said. “Threw it up there to him. Go get it big fella.”

“The ball just came to me,” Chukwu said. “It was a perfect pass.”

Reading that made me smile. Those 2 have been oft-maligned on here, so it feels great to see them be part of the team heroics tonight of all nights. This win is a memory that is likely to stay with them for a long time.

Reading that made me smile. Those 2 have been oft-maligned on here, so it feels great to see them be part of the team heroics tonight of all nights. This win is a memory that is likely to stay with them for a long time.
We NEED production from them, too.

I think he left the floor planning to score, it wasn't there, and at the last second saw PC and threw him a prayer. :)

Definitely a pass. According to tinymaninside though, they did not give him an assist.
they've revised it to an assist & dunk, but as of now they have still misattributed the assist to tyus.

I think he left the floor planning to score, it wasn't there, and at the last second saw PC and threw him a prayer. :)
That’s what I saw as well. It was so improvised the announcers said it looked unintended.

100% a pass. Frank looks for that opportunity everytime he drives. Masterfully drew the extra defender. Ennis to Grant like on that play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom