Our last stop was with 8:36 left | Syracusefan.com

Our last stop was with 8:36 left

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
After that time marquette either scored on their initial set, scored off a rebound, or scored from the free throw line. you aren't going to win many games not getting a stop for over 8 minutes.

thats how you go from being up 7 to down 6 in about 5 minutes.

MCW, BT, and CJ looked to be in need of an oxygen tent by the 6 minute mark. I've seen that look many many times from SU players over the last 20 years. Other than the center spot, no subbing. I know the bench is thin but dead tired players make a lot of bad plays.

After that time marquette either scored on their initial set, scored off a rebound, or scored from the free throw line. you aren't going to win many games not getting a stop for over 8 minutes.

They had 14 pts with 6 mins to go in the first half...they finished with 74.

MCW, BT, and CJ looked to be in need of an oxygen tent by the 6 minute mark. I've seen that look many many times from SU players over the last 20 years. Other than the center spot, no subbing. I know the bench is thin but dead tired players make a lot of bad plays.

Related to this, how much time did Grant get tonight? I just realized that I really only remember him touching the ball like one time. Granted I was watching this game while I was out to eat with my family, but I feel like I generally notice him a lot more, even in the games that he doesn't play much.

Sidenote: I really would have liked to see Boeheim give Cooney one long run of playing time in that first half. I remember he made a great move and pass to one of our bigs for a bucket. He and Keita looked surprisingly good.

Edit: That one dribble spin move baby hook that Keita made tonight was the first legitimate post move I've seen from one of our players since before Big East play (I still remember Christmas making a nice hook shot at one point in non-conference play).

I thought our players looked gassed. But that's what happens with a small bench and limited substitutions.

It would have been nice to see if Coleman could have helped tonight.

Yeah, that would be my fault so I'm sorry. I stopped in a restaurant to get some dinner and actually watched the game on the tube in the bar. Exactly corresponded to that timing. Clearly I jinxed the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom