Our Most Anti-Climatic Commitment Ever... | Syracusefan.com

Our Most Anti-Climatic Commitment Ever...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Everybody thought he would commit after the Dome visit.

Then everybody thought he would commit around May 1.

Now it finally happens ... I am extremely excited about this get, but I don't ever remember going through the expectation 3x on one kid before.

Everybody thought he would commit after the Dome visit.

Then everybody thought he would commit around May 1.

Now it finally happens ... I am extremely excited about this get, but I don't ever remember going through the expectation 3x on one kid before.

I just don't get why you keep harping on this. It is important to keep in perspective that this kid just completed his JUNIOR year of high school. It isn't unreasonable that he commits in may of his junior year; in fact, its quite early.

There's been skuttlebutt that this kid would commit last fall at Midnight Madness, this winter at the Duke game, etc. but I don't fault a kid, his coaches, his mentors, etc. for doing due diligence and going through the process. And in the end, our status with him was affirmed by the commitment. It's not like this was a senior stringing us along until the end of the school year--this is an underclassman who in the big scheme of things STILL committed early, relatively speaking. I just don't resonate with the expression of frustration about the timing of the commitment, given that he is class of 2015.

Welcome aboard, Moustapha!

Last edited:
I just don't get why you keep harping on this. It is important to keep in perspective that this kid just completed his JUNIOR year of high school. It isn't unreasonable that he commits in may of his junior year; in fact, its quite early.

There's been skuttlebutt that this kid would commit at March Madness, at the Duke game, etc. but I don't fault a kid, his coaches, his mentors, etc. for doing due diligence and going through the process. And in the end, our status with him was affirmed by the commitment. It's not like this was a senior stringing us along until the end of the school year--this is an underclassman who in the big scheme of things STILL committed early, relatively speaking.

I am not quibbling with the kid's process or with his time frame. It is perhaps more on the fans, the 'insiders', and the general scuttlebutt that he was going to commit on those various occasions.

The kid himself did nothing to mislead and you will notice in all of my posts related to this topic I have never criticized the kid himself.

What can I say, as a fan I was eager to have him on board. Anything wrong with that ?

Last edited:
Can't wait to have a center with some offensive skills. It's been awhile. He must be exceptionally athletic to come over his sophomore year and have those kinds of skills. Have heard he is a workaholic which might explain some of his growth. He looks like he is 25 but assume he is only 17 years old or so...