Our offense is more of a problem than the defense | Syracusefan.com

Our offense is more of a problem than the defense

Alsacs

Living Legend
We really have no offense outside of Rak,Cooney,Gbinije. That is why these posts about m2m vs zone are missing the point. Clemson overachieved offensively in the first half but if we scored more than 18 points we could have made a comeback. Clemson went 5 minutes in the 2nd half without scoring a point and we only scored 4 points during that stretch. Our offense these past few years has deteriorated horribly since 2012.

Yes.

But, our defense the last two games in the first half has been poor.

I argue man now and then because it might help lead to transition that we desperately need at times when we don't have half court O.

Our defense has been okay but we've given up way too many offensive rebounds. That's what really killed us...that and not being about to make any shots...18 points in a half is a sure formula for a loss..

Our defense has been okay but we've given up way too many offensive rebounds. That's what really killed us...that and not being about to make any shots...18 points in a half is a sure formula for a loss..

Yep. Its not like Clemson was scorching hot. They shot 52% in the 1st half... but the was hitting like 6/7 to end the half.

The key was the 7 boards they had which led to 16 second chance points.

The 7 offensive rebounds is because of the zone. And the worst part is a lot of those came at the end of the shot clock.

Yep. Its not like Clemson was scorching hot. They shot 52% in the 1st half... but the was hitting like 6/7 to end the half.

The key was the 7 boards they had which led to 16 second chance points.

The 7 offensive rebounds is because of the zone. And the worst part is a lot of those came at the end of the shot clock.

The majority of the offensive rebounds is because we have a guard playing the three...its not the zone...

The majority of the offensive rebounds is because we have a guard playing the three...its not the zone...

When did Gbenije become a guard?

He was a 3 all last year.

That being said... i get your point. He has primarily played guard this year.

Just pointing out that we can't really use that as an excuse.

That being said... i get your point. He has primarily played guard this year.

Just pointing out that we can't really use that as an excuse.

I'm not making it an excuse. MG is a guard. He's only a forward because we need him to play there. We're playing essentially a three guard lineup and it hurts us on defense. MG is playing where Jerami Grant played last year...and MG is no where near the rebounder JG was, and not nearly as tall or strong...its a fact, not an excuse...

I'm not making it an excuse. MG is a guard. He's only a forward because we need him to play there. We're playing essentially a three guard lineup and it hurts us on defense. MG is playing where Jerami Grant played last year...and MG is no where near the rebounder JG was, and not nearly as tall or strong...its a fact, not an excuse...

but rakeem has almost doubled his rebounds. Roberson is supposedly a beast on the boards (and his stats kind of back it up) and Gbinije is playing now where he played most of last year.

At 1 point Fair was a backup too... and then he became a starter. Gbinije is 6'7" and 210. He needs to rebound.

Melo played a lot of point forward too... He still avg'd 10 boards a game. not saying that is what MG should be doing... but the team as a whole shouldn't be giving up that many o rebounds.

O
but rakeem has almost doubled his rebounds. Roberson is supposedly a beast on the boards (and his stats kind of back it up) and Gbinije is playing now where he played most of last year.

At 1 point Fair was a backup too... and then he became a starter. Gbinije is 6'7" and 210. He needs to rebound.

Melo played a lot of point forward too... He still avg'd 10 boards a game. not saying that is what MG should be doing... but the team as a whole shouldn't be giving up that many o rebounds.

Agreed totally!

That team looked distracted today, as much as I hate to admit it. Just an awful performance. Felt hopeless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom