Our region was stupid | Syracusefan.com

Our region was stupid

Yep I agree I think it’s ridiculous. Look great for Loyola but I feel this is the hidden weakness of the tournament

Get through msu, almost get through Duke, only to realize you'd have Kansas waiting for you.

All these horse $#@$ mid majors at the top of every other bracket
Perhaps they wanted to mix it up and make it so only one of Izzo, Self and K got into the Final Four.

Ya, having 4 ACC teams in our region was awful balancing by the committee. could easily have swapped duke for say cincy and call it good. that said... we were within a whisker of being able to go through dixon-izzo-k and self that would've been a run for the ages, too bad...

I feel this is the hidden weakness of the tournament

Agree. Before the tounament even started the brackets were not weighted evenly. You’ll never get even seeding if automatic bids have gauranteed seeds. The top two brackets, especially Nova’s bracket was noticably weaker with the midwest the most loaded.

Also, injuries have played a part. Haas - Purdue, Hunter - Virginia, Wade - K state off the top of my head further weakening the two weaker brackets. Imo.

Agree. Before the tounament even started the brackets were not weighted evenly. You’ll never get even seeding if automatic bids have gauranteed seeds. The top two brackets, especially Nova’s bracket was noticably weaker with the midwest the most loaded.

Also, injuries have played a part. Haas - Purdue, Hunter - Virginia, Wade - K state off the top of my head further weakening the two weaker brackets. Imo.

The committee really has set seed lines for auto bids? never heard that before...

The committee really has set seed lines for auto bids? never heard that before...
Not sure. I should have worded that better. Just meant that an auto that would not have gotten an at large takes up a spot.

True, they did say Davidson getting in, made them move seeds around... would like to have seen the original bracket, maybe it was more balanced?

You'll never see a murderer's row like this year for a while. Regions are really never balanced, but the Midwest was extremely top heavy with its construction. Would a team like Loyola make it past the first weekend if they were the 11 here instead of Syracuse? Doubt it.

The draw is always more important than your seed. This committee just stacked the midwest, ridiculous.

Really don’t understand how they put Kansas, Duke and Michigan State in the same bracket. Definitely the toughest bracket for sure.

But I was happy just getting in and it was nice being the team that disrupted the bracket.

Next year we should get a break and get the easiest bracket ;)

Get through msu, almost get through Duke, only to realize you'd have Kansas waiting for you.

All these horse $#@$ mid majors at the top of every other bracket

I hear what you're saying, and I would've felt much more slighted as an SU fan had we not literally been the last team in the Dance and a higher seeded team. This year's 3 game run in the Dance was certainly one to remember with no ill will at all.

Ya, having 4 ACC teams in our region was awful balancing by the committee. could easily have swapped duke for say cincy and call it good. that said... we were within a whisker of being able to go through dixon-izzo-k and self that would've been a run for the ages, too bad...
Like Carl Hubbell mowing down Ruth, Gehrig, Foxx, Simmons, and Cronin.

The draw is always more important than your seed. This committee just stacked the midwest, ridiculous.
Maybe we'll catch a break from the committee next year when we have a team actually capable of being a true title contender.

The true character and grit of SU's players came out in this tournament. Tough bracket? Sure. But that just made Cuse's run that much more impressive and respectable. They showed they could compete extremely well with any team in the country. Proud of the men in orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom