Our Secret Key to Success... | Syracusefan.com

Our Secret Key to Success...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Seems to be very little mention of Trevor Cooney on this forum.

With only three guards on the roster it is critical that all three stay healthy & be able to contribute.

Trevor will probably need to play effectively 15 to 20 MPG.

I loved the vids of this kid in HS.

It will be necssary for him to be a trey threat when he is out there & in all likelihood he will need to be our #1 threat from foreign lands.

My expectation is the Trevor, though he will have his ups and downs, as do all first year players, that overall he will put together a very, very solid debut season.

Seems to be very little mention of Trevor Cooney on this forum.

With only three guards on the roster it is critical that all three stay healthy & be able to contribute.

Trevor will probably need to play effectively 15 to 20 MPG.

I loved the vids of this kid in HS.

It will be necssary for him to be a trey threat when he is out there & in all likelihood he will need to be our #1 threat from foreign lands.

My expectation is the Trevor, though he will have his ups and downs, as do all first year players, that overall he will put together a very, very solid debut season.

Hopefully, since it's his 2nd year in the system, he will play less like a freshman and more like a sophmore.

Watching his videos/interviews he seems to be a very bright kid with a Very good jump shot and athleticism. Seems like a winner. Looking forward to seeing more of him he could have the xfactor.

He's going to play a key role--no doubt about it.

Cooney redshirting was a great move. He'll play a big role his first season of eligiblity, and contend for a starting role his other three years. We'll be happy to have that 5th year, instead of him squandering a year of eligibility being the fifth guard last year.

I am going to be so bold as to predict that Cooney will be an all-American one day.

He needs to shoot well when he is open and not turn the ball over...anything more is gravy

It's not a secret any more. Thanks a lot newmexicuse! :)

Didn't Gerry McNamara say he was better than Gerry McNamara? Unless Gerry McNamara is prone to hyperbole, I would say that out-McNamaring our Gerry McNamara bodes very well for our McFuture!

If he was better than Gerry Mac...he would not have been red shirted. Gerry is just pumping his kid up...

If he was better than Gerry Mac...he would not have been red shirted. Gerry is just pumping his kid up...
I take your point, but I'm not so sure. We had a lot of openings for freshmen on the '03 team, but this past year we were loaded at the guard spot. I look forward to seeing how Trevor takes advantage of his minutes this year. Let's see him put his money where Gerry's mouth is (or something like that)!

Didn't Gerry McNamara say he was better than Gerry McNamara? Unless Gerry McNamara is prone to hyperbole, I would say that out-McNamaring our Gerry McNamara bodes very well for our McFuture!
bballbeadle is spokesperson for McDonald's

Trevor replaces dion as my player who will tear sh it up and make the nba one day. Big expectations for this sharp shooter , hope he worked on his handle this past year.

I hope this doesn't mean you and MCW had a falling out.

He rejected the flowers i sent him.
I didn't care for his attitude anyway. You're better off with Cooney.

He doesnt have an attitude , ill let you watch him more to make a better judgement. Dont let his emotions of not playing fool you.

It was meant as a joke. If you are sensitive, uptight and have no sense of humor you should avoid my posts.

thats the worst joke one can possibly say. did you assume somehow i was upset or bothered ?

By your response you seemed to think I was being critical of MCW's attitude, so yeah, I thought you were upset.

Well you said he had an attitude, in my world thats not a good quality. You are not to great at trying to judge my mood.

Go reread the thread. We were joking about you and MCW "breaking up" and I said you were better off with Cooney. Next time I'll use the f*cking smiley face. :bang:

Oh im super heated now , you wanna fight ? Lol its not that serious but you brought up my sig line a few times like you got me upset before or something.
I'm now completely lost so I surrender.

Well, without Cooney we were able to win 10 games.

Well, without Cooney we were able to win 10 games.
Ha ha ha! Very clever. I like it.

As a sidebar, I have to think that people became fans of our program just because Boeheim defended Gerry so vehemently and oh-so-very incorrectly. Ya gotta love a coach who would do that.

"Not ten."

"Without Gerry McNamara, we wouldn't have won ten "" games. Not ten."

That's the quote I remember. Am I correct, sir?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom