Our top 10 wins | Syracusefan.com

Our top 10 wins

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Are no longer anywhere near top 10 wins.

FSU lost again - will no longer be ranked top 20.
UVA will probably lose their 3rd in a row. Prob fall out of top 20.

And as Ken Pomeroy said - his ranking should not be used for selection committee.

FSU lost again - will no longer be ranked top 20.
UVA will probably lose their 3rd in a row. Prob fall out of top 20.

And as Ken Pomeroy said - his ranking should not be used for selection committee.
and yet it is, along with bpi (or facsimile thereof), etc.

Ok but FSU just lost to Pitt - who we have a win against. UVA had a flukely loss @VaTech and to a hot Duke team - not like these were losses to BC and NC State. No big deal honestly.

My version of our top 10 wins
1. Virginia
2.Florida State
3.Miami
4.Wake
5.@Clemson
6.Pitt
7.@NCst
8.Monmouth
9.BC
10.Boston U

Our Virginia win won't look that spectacular come selection Sunday. We need to beat Duke or Louisville.

Of the 18 teams right around the bubble entering today (9 above, 9 below), they had a combined 9 wins over teams that were top 10 in the matrix. If we extend it to teams on the top 4 lines, those 18 teams have 14 wins.

Cal - None
Miami (1) - UNC
Seton Hall - None
Arkansas - None
TCU - None
Syracuse (2) - Florida St, Virginia
Kansas St (2) - Baylor, West Virgina
Illinois St - None
Clemson - None
------------ In / Out Line ---------------------
Marquette (1) - Villanova
Wake Forest - None
Tennessee (1) - Kentucky
Georgia Tech (2) - UNC, Florida St
Georgetown (2) - Oregon, Butler
Providence (1) - Butler
Texas Tech (2) - Baylor, West Virginia
Houston - None
Georgia - None

We are not getting knocked out because of lack of elite wins.

Of the 18 teams right around the bubble entering today (9 above, 9 below), they had a combined 9 wins over teams that were top 10 in the matrix. If we extend it to teams on the top 4 lines, those 18 teams have 14 wins.

Cal - None
Miami (1) - UNC
Seton Hall - None
Arkansas - None
TCU - None
Syracuse (2) - Florida St, Virginia
Kansas St (2) - Baylor, West Virgina
Illinois St - None
Clemson - None
------------ In / Out Line ---------------------
Marquette (1) - Villanova
Wake Forest - None
Tennessee (1) - Kentucky
Georgia Tech (2) - UNC, Florida St
Georgetown (2) - Oregon, Butler
Providence (1) - Butler
Texas Tech (2) - Baylor, West Virginia
Houston - None
Georgia - None

We are not getting knocked out because of lack of elite wins.

And we'll have 0 come Monday.

We have 7 wins vs. team between #13 - #60 in the RPI.

jncuse is right - people tend to look at us in a vacuum too much. You have to compare our wins to other bubble teams wins.

Our RPI did drop to 83 after yesterday. BC is now 205 - that loss is absolutely killing us. UConn and St. John's are 111 and 122 in RPI respectively - so those aren't that bad, but man that BC loss is dragging us down

We just need to take care of business. Win tonight would be huge. Then win at home.

atlantis got us in the tourney last year . this fall our early resume has vanished beneath the waves.

I said teams that will be on the top 4 seed lines. Since when are AP rankings directly related to seeding?

If the committee is using oranges and I am using oranges, coming in with an apple to prove me wrong isn't really a great argument.

Florida St is definetely still a top 4 seed on Monday. They are a consensus 3 seed right now. Virginia will be tight ( I suspect somewhere between #15-#17 on the matrix)

Last edited:
I said teams that will be on the top 4 seed lines. Since when are AP rankings directly related to seeding?

If the committee is using oranges and I am using oranges, coming in with an apple to prove me wrong isn't really a great argument.

Florida St is definetely still a top 4 seed on Monday. They are a consensus 3 seed right now. Virginia will be tight ( I suspect somewhere between #15-#17 on the matrix)

You worded that really weird... So i guess i misunderstood it.

I said top 10. and they are no longer top 10. You said top 10 but then slipped in top 4 lines. Im pretty sure you were the 1 comparing apples to oranges, no?

You worded that really weird... So i guess i misunderstood it.

I said top 10. and they are no longer top 10. You said top 10 but then slipped in top 4 lines. Im pretty sure you were the 1 comparing apples to oranges, no?

Fair enough, I did move it from top 10 to top 16 so a few other teams would have wins to try to create some context. Otherwise only 6 of 18 teams around the bubble line have top 10 wins. (And it may well be 7 as Florida St could be #10 on the matrix next week). So I'm not freaking out when only 6 of 18 have top 10 wins, and we have wins against say #11 and #15.

Fair enough, I did move it from top 10 to top 16 so a few other teams would have wins to try to create some context. Otherwise only 6 of 18 teams around the bubble line have top 10 wins. (And it may well be 7 as Florida St could be #10 on the matrix next week). So I'm not freaking out when only 6 of 18 have top 10 wins, and we have wins against say #11 and #15.

I hope you are right. But I don't think we are solidly on the good side of the bubble. I don't think this week helped us at all. And I am not 100% sure 3 more wins (out of 5 - 1 guaranteed ACCT game) gets us in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom