Our Week at Atlantis | Syracusefan.com

Our Week at Atlantis

SaltLakeOrange

All Conference
D and I were fortunate enough to travel done with the team on Monday. So we drove up to Syracuae on Sunday and enjoyed the Craftsman's Inn. The flight was uneventful and we were at the resort by 330pm Monday.

Everything about Atlantis is huge. The property is huge. The waterpark is huge and the prices are also huge. I think it's actually more expensive than Disney. But worth every single penny. The service is impeccable.

On Tuesday we spent the day at the waterpark then joined a bunch of other donors on 'The Boat'. I was quite surprised when the whole team came aboard and spent about 90 minutes with us. It was great to catch up with old friends and to make some new ones. This was a highlight of our week.

About the basketball...we owned Atlantis. It was orange everywhere!!!! From the pre game to the post game the energy level of the fans was incredible. I won't go into the games themselves because others have offered far better insights than I could make. All I'll say is the team played out of their minds all week.

By the way, nothing beats beating UCONN and shutting up their fans.

And the victory party at the Coral Towers bar was killer!!!! So killer that we never got back to the Boat...but that's okay. We had a blast.

We have continued our vacation today at the Diplomat in Ft Lauderdale before we board the Celeebrity Equinox Monday. I wonder if they'll show the GTown game on the ship???

Agreed on the prices and the service. We're still down here until Monday. The place is amazing and worth it. Wish it was a little less windy this week. Would have liked to done a little more beach visits.

Anyways, like you said, It's a lot but we knew that coming in...so is what it is.

Plus my impeccable roulette formula of placing 5 bucks on each on the 6 main Cuse players #s on a semi hourly basis has paid off nicely. (Just an fyi if others want to copy, put 10 on 00/0, instead of just 0 for G...cause 00 kept hitting and was making me furious).

Last edited:
My wife and I just took one last walk around Atlantis before our flight back to Syracuse tomorrow morning. We were both dressed in our Syracuse gear and a lady working security down by the grand ballroom saw us coming and began a Let's Go Orange chant.
Within a few seconds, about 15-20 people joined her, clapping and chanting Let's Go Orange. I thought it would die down just as quickly as it started, but the lady kept going and got little kids to dance with her.
Our team, and fans made quite the impression. I think if and when we ever return to the Bahamas, it will be considered a home game.

My wife and I just took one last walk around Atlantis before our flight back to Syracuse tomorrow morning. We were both dressed in our Syracuse gear and a lady working security down by the grand ballroom saw us coming and began a Let's Go Orange chant.
Within a few seconds, about 15-20 people joined her, clapping and chanting Let's Go Orange. I thought it would die down just as quickly as it started, but the lady kept going and got little kids to dance with her.
Our team, and fans made quite the impression. I think if and when we ever return to the Bahamas, it will be considered a home game.

dont give the pundits any more ideas as to what our home games are.

image.jpeg
LOVE THIS, Fairfax! I heard about "the boat." Never saw pictures of it. I love the back stories and hope they keep coming.

Here is a pic of the boat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom