Out of Market Sports Packages on FIOS | Syracusefan.com

Out of Market Sports Packages on FIOS

Do you pefer

• Total voters

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Can someone who knows confirm two things for me:

1. If you live outside of the Syracuse television market and sign up for your providers out of market sports package, do you get the live broadcasts on SNY and such? I haven't had the package in a long, long time, but there used to be a time when you only got the extra programming and no live games.

2. On FIOS specifically is there a premium package that gives you access to just the sports channels or do you need to take their middle tier of programming or higher to get it?

Finally a comment. Verizon's platform for FIOS television service absolutely blows. Last week I was trying to add change my service to a package that would include the FOX sports channels in order to get the SU game. I was doing this early on Sunday morning, but they couldn't add the programming quickly enough to guarantee that I would have access to the channels for a late afternoon game that day. What gives? Do they have to send someone out to splice a line somewhere in my neighborhood?? I would think they are leaving a lot of revenue on the table in upgrades. As soon as they told me they couldn't do this in time for the game, my motivation to pay the extra $15 in programming passed.

I had DIRECTV for the longest time and as long ago as 5 years ago you could make instantaneous changes to your programming using their online tool without even having to talk to an agent.

I have FIOS, see lots of Cuse games on SNY, and have found it by far the easiest TV and internet provider I have ever used.

I have FIOS, see lots of Cuse games on SNY, and have found it by far the easiest TV and internet provider I have ever used.

You are out of market where you have your service?

Ok, I should see a similar experience trying to get SNY broadcasts then. Thanks.

I live near Ithaca and have Directv, I have had it for 3 years and love it. I haggle with them and get movie channels for free, I also got the NFL ticket for free this year. I just purchased their sports package for 7.99 a month which has all the Fox sports channels, NESN, MSG's and so on. I get quite a few decent college football games and random college basketball games. Definetly a good package don't let them charge you 12.99 for it either. I have missed out on one SU game in 3 years, I think it was on NESN which I have now.

I live midway between Boston and Providence. Fortunately, I get SNY for some reason (although it is the non-HD feed). I assume next year, I will get some SU games on the ACC outlets here.

My question has been (and remains unanswered) is SU's contract with SNY between SU and SNY? Or is it connected with the BE? I only ask because I want to know if I will be seeing any SU games on SNY next year? This is considered 3rd tier rights, correct? What is the status of those in teh ACC?

Virginia.

Really? I have FIOS in VA and SNY is not an option. I can get YES Network, but no live games. Only station (othern than the national stations) that I ever get Cuse games on is MASN.

Really? I have FIOS in VA and SNY is not an option. I can get YES Network, but no live games. Only station (othern than the national stations) that I ever get Cuse games on is MASN.

We don't get SNY in HD for whatever reason (YES you do). Cuse is also on MASN it seems as much as the Nats are.

agreed. it's really really great

1. If you live outside of the Syracuse television market and sign up for your providers out of market sports package, do you get the live broadcasts on SNY and such? I haven't had the package in a long, long time, but there used to be a time when you only got the extra programming and no live games.

What do you mean by sports package? The sports tier of channels, or, for example, MLB Extra Innings, ESPN full court, etc.

On Directv you need to order the sport specific packages in order to watch the games out of market. (IE, when I lived in San Francisco, and I wanted to watch the Mets, it woulkdn't be enough to have SNY, you'd need to pay for the Extra innings as well)

Live in NC have direct tv and have sports package. I get almost every game on sny or masn unless it is on Espn 3 or a regional abc game. I couldn't be happier

I live in the tampa area and have FIOS. We get SNY on channel 96 and see many SU games and other Big East games.

Anyone have a clue as to what channel our lower tier games will be broadcast on in the ACC? I'm slated for Google fiber to be installed next summer and want to see how it matches up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone have a clue as to what channel our lower tier games will be broadcast on in the ACC? I'm slated for Google fiber to be installed next summer and want to see how it matches up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Probably doesn't answer your question, but maybe if you search around on the site. http://www.theacc.com/accnetwork/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom