Outplayed and Outcoached | Syracusefan.com

Outplayed and Outcoached

SaltLakeOrange

All Conference
No game plan but isolation plays and high screens leading to more isolation plays. No one can hit a freaking jumper. No hustle and no sense of urgency. ON SENIOR NIGHT!

Defensively teams have figured out how to attack our zone.

If we don't right this ship now we are in BIG trouble.

No game plan but isolation plays and high screens leading to more isolation plays. No one can hit a freaking jumper. No hustle and no sense of urgency. ON SENIOR NIGHT!

Defensively teams have figured out how to attack our zone.

If we don't right this ship now we are in BIG trouble.
I'm just trying to figure out how a 26-3 team can be so mediocre. And I think using the word mediocre might be generous. They're horrendous to watch, the offense is poor, and the defense is poor. They let team dictate the game, and play passive throughout. Really not a good team right now, and if we make any noise in the NCAA's (playing as we are now) I'd be shocked.

A hard hedge on our high pick and rolls sends our offense into a tailspin.

Yes. It is pretty obvious. Especially without Grant because there is no one to dump it in to after the hedge.

Yes. It is pretty obvious. Especially without Grant because there is no one to dump it in to after the hedge.

Even with grant, this team has been going into a tailspin for awhile now. This team has completely given up, at this point we would have to be considered an underdog at FSU. We may be playing our way to a 3 seed (even though we aren't actually playing like an NIT team). If we keep playing like this our ceiling is the sweet 16, but getting dropped in the round of 32 wouldn't shock me.

Might as well get the bench some reps next year so we'll be deeper next year.

The core problems of the hoops team and the lax team are disturbingly similar.

Watch out security guards. Jimbo is going to be looking for blood after this Houston Astro performance. The berating will keep on coming.​

It's really not that difficult. We lost the mismatch, so it is what it is.

JB could have told you we go as far as Fair, Grant, Ennis, and Cooney take us.

1.Please don't press again this season. We stink at the press. It generated 1 TO and about 7 easy open court dunks/lay ups. It really hurt us for most of the 2nd half.
2. The old free throw problems return to bite us again.
3. Good-bye MSG.

I just want to see two changes the rest of the year.

1. Gbinije and Cooney can push the ball if they get the rebound. They bring the ball up when Ennis is on the bench, but the second he's back in the game, they have to wait 5 seconds for Ennis to come to the ball after every rebound and it ruins easy fast break opportunities. We score a couple of those easy layups in transition and maybe guys start to actually make shots since they see the ball go in the net.

2. Actually hit people when we set screens. The only time that our screener actually touched somebody tonight was when Roberson set a screen. Baye, Christmas, and CJ all just slip every single screen, which does nothing for us because Ennis is never looking to pass it to them on the pick and roll anyways, so all that does is blow up our own offense.

There are so many simple, fundamental things that you're taught as a 10 year old learning to play basketball for the first time that this team doesn't do. It's beyond infuriating.

1.Please don't press again this season. We stink at the press. It generated 1 TO and about 7 easy open court dunks/lay ups. It really hurt us for most of the 2nd half.
2. The old free throw problems return to bite us again.
3. Good-bye MSG.

That press was awful. Awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom