Outside chance of being #1 in the next poll | Syracusefan.com

Outside chance of being #1 in the next poll

Eric15

Living Legend
The three teams ahead of us have very challenging conference games this week...

#1 Duke @ #25 Miami (keep an eye on Miami, they could be that 4/5 seed that sneaks their way into the Final Four that nobody expects)
#2 Michigan @ Illinois
#3 Kansas @ #11 Kansas State

And obviously we have to take care of business in Philly. To my friends that say January polls don't matter, I say, "stop being a Debbie Downer", anytime there is a "1" next the word Syracuse, I'm in my glory. (e.g. seeing Marsh's BET projections that has us as the 1 seed - just reading that made my morning)

The three teams ahead of us have very challenging conference games this week...

#1 Duke @ #25 Miami (keep an eye on Miami, they could be that 4/5 seed that sneaks their way into the Final Four that nobody expects)
#2 Michigan @ Illinois
#3 Kansas @ #11 Kansas State

And obviously we have to take care of business in Philly. To my friends that say January polls don't matter, I say, "stop being a Debbie Downer", anytime there is a "1" next the word Syracuse, I'm in my glory. (e.g. seeing Marsh's BET projections that has us as the 1 seed - just reading that made my morning)

I agree. #1 is certainly an honor an I hope at some point we grab that top spot. All of the teams listed could certainly lose this week. With only 1 game in our next 11 days winning Saturday is a must to stay in the top 3.

Mich prob least likely to lose of those three. Duke without Kelly could easily. Lose. kU @ KSU is a game I will try to watch because I think KU goes down.

We need to take care of business vs Nova and hope like hell to get James back for Pitt.

I would love to be #1...in April. Other than that...it's meaningless.

Come on, man. You have to admit that being number one in the regular season is really fun and gives you some swagger as an SU fan. No one is saying it means more than a national title.

Come on, man. You have to admit that being number one in the regular season is really fun and gives you some swagger as an SU fan. No one is saying it means more than a national title.

Meh, I honestly dont ever look at the polls outside of pre season and the final one... when I was younger, it meant something. Now, I just want to hang banners.

I posted the other day that I think Kansas State is going to be favored. I fully expect Kansas to lose that game. Of course after that they only have 1 game versus a ranked opponent and that is at home versus Kansas State.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Meh, I honestly dont ever look at the polls outside of pre season and the final one... when I was younger, it meant something. Now, I just want to hang banners.
As do i but its not like we are #1 every year. Would love to see us grab that spot in the next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really did enjoy beating #1 though... (there is probably a better way to phrase that).

I don't like the #1 slot because teams just play that much harder to take you out. If we were #1 against Cincy that might have turned into an L instead of a W. Just the facts of life.

Illinois has been ice cold in B10 play but they have one of the best backcourts in the country and if they are hitting their 3's they have a very good chance, at home, to beat Michigan.

Well its out of everyones control. If it happens then it happens. Not bad press to be the #1 team. Also it gives us some leway when fighting for a top seed in the tourney if you hold the top spot late in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like the #1 slot because teams just play that much harder to take you out. If we were #1 against Cincy that might have turned into an L instead of a W. Just the facts of life.

Ned Stark would be disappointed in this post.

Don't we want teams to play hard against us so we're prepared for the NCAA tournament where teams tend to also play hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom