P12 oddity | Syracusefan.com

P12 oddity

K

kingottoiii

Stanford plays @UCLA next week. Which of course could be the P12 CG the following week. First off why in the hell isn't USC-UCLA a TG weekend game? Second of all come on P12 get your act together. The last two weeks need to be in division games.

Funny thing is UCLA might be better off losing this game. If they lose then they travel to Stanford for the P12 CG. If they win then it comes down to Oregon at Oregon St game. Should Oregon win then UCLA travels to Oregon for the P12 CG (good luck). Should Oregon St win then I believe they host UCLA in the P12 CG.

Stanford plays @UCLA next week. Which of course could be the P12 CG the following week. First off why in the hell isn't USC-UCLA a TG weekend game? Second of all come on P12 get your act together. The last two weeks need to be in division games.

Funny thing is UCLA might be better off losing this game. If they lose then they travel to Stanford for the P12 CG. If they win then it comes down to Oregon at Oregon St game. Should Oregon win then UCLA travels to Oregon for the P12 CG (good luck). Should Oregon St win then I believe they host UCLA in the P12 CG.

Well Stanford did just walk into Oregon and win ... I don't think you are better off losing a game during the CFB season because of how much your record could impact your bowl standing ... now in a bball sense sometimes you can play to the seed because of the tourney.

In my world where they don't have divisions they would have had Oregon vs Stanford if both teams won as they both would have finished 8-1.

UCLA has a way better chance against Stanford than Oregon. Stanford is more blue collar and doesn't have the speed of Oregon. If UCLA were smart it would play hard but wouldn't be upset if they lost. Oregon had scored atleast 42 points in an NCAA record 11 games in a row before yesterday. I wouldn't tell a team to lose on purpose but I doubt UCLA could win in Eugune they could win Palo Alto. Stanford's style of play is a lot easier to win against than Oregon's up tempo style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom