PAC-12 Network on Time Warner | Syracusefan.com

PAC-12 Network on Time Warner

Tom Frey

Walk On
Pac-12 network will launch on time warner on aug 15, must have sports pass. ch. 861 in buffalo and 1191 in rochester. don's know about other areas.

Will they only carry the national network, or will they make the regional networks available as well? I suspect it'll be the former.

It's showing as 865 in suburban Buffalo. Strangely, I get a slate saying I don't have access to the channel, even though I subscribe to the sports package. I'm not worried about it now; hopefully they'll fix that by 8/30.

I saw yesterday that former NewsChannel 9 sports anchor Ashley Adamson is a reporter/studio host for the Pac-12 Network.

interesting that TW has signed on but Dish/Directv have not.

Not to sound like a , is there a reason we should care about having access to all of the PAC-12 games?

1843 or something here in Albany.

Last night when I came across the channel I wondered why the ACC wouldn't consider creating their own channel. I'd subscibe to it. I sure as sheet won't subscribe to the PAC12 or Big10 channels though.

When Cuse played at Penn State I ordered the Big10 channel for $5 bucks, watched the game and then called back and canceled the channel. I'll do the same thing this year when we play at Minnesota.

Last night when I came across the channel I wondered why the ACC wouldn't consider creating their own channel. I'd subscibe to it. I sure as sheet won't subscribe to the PAC12 or Big10 channels though.

When Cuse played at Penn State I ordered the Big10 channel for $5 bucks, watched the game and then called back and canceled the channel. I'll do the same thing this year when we play at Minnesota.

exactly what I did, I'm on TW albany too.

Not to sound like a , is there a reason we should care about having access to all of the PAC-12 games?

Because you can't watch Syracuse football 24/7 and some people like any kind of football they can get. Besides, I don't remember anyone forcing you to click on this post.

they throw the channel on their sports pass, so your getting more than just the one channel for $5.(i don't know what they are). But your right i would pay $5 for the ACC channel Pac-12/Big10 channels would just be a bonus

Because you can't watch Syracuse football 24/7 and some people like any kind of football they can get. Besides, I don't remember anyone forcing you to click on this post.

And that is the answer to the question... because you like watching football from other conferences. It didn't require any more of an answer then that.

interesting that TW has signed on but Dish/Directv have not.

Time Warner is in Los Angeles. They are starting two new channels that will show Laker games (one in English and one in Spanish). The English one is going to be called Time Warner Cable Sportsnet as well.

I would imagine the PAC-12 Network will be on basic cable there. And while they were negotiating that, they probably made a deal to carry it over the rest of the country for a couple pennies per subscriber.

Time Warner is in Los Angeles. They are starting two new channels that will show Laker games (one in English and one in Spanish). The English one is going to be called Time Warner Cable Sportsnet as well.

I would imagine the PAC-12 Network will be on basic cable there. And while they were negotiating that, they probably made a deal to carry it over the rest of the country for a couple pennies per subscriber.

If I'm not mistaken the only Pac 12 state TW is in is Southern California. They're in Texas, Kansas, Wisconsin, Penn, Ohio, NY, New England and the Carolinas. Maybe a couple of other places. Plus they own Brighthouse. I'm surprised they picked it up.