Palm on the changes to the bracketing process. | Syracusefan.com

Palm on the changes to the bracketing process.

This was very interesting. But that stuff about not playing a conference foe in the round of 32 ... what happened in 2011 when we played Marquette in the round of 32 in Cleveland. I still shake my head over that pairing.

This was very interesting. But that stuff about not playing a conference foe in the round of 32 ... what happened in 2011 when we played Marquette in the round of 32 in Cleveland. I still shake my head over that pairing.
Because there were 11 (?) BE teams in the tourney that year.

UConn played Cincy in the same round.

Last edited:
Wait what? Duke won the ACCT already!

On a serious note for those worried about us getting MSG the committee was pretending Duke won the ACC tourney and we still got a 1 seed in that scenario. We are very far ahead right now. Very far!

Because there were 11 (?) BE teams in the tourney that year.

UConn played Cincy in the same round.
I don't believe a 3 seed has ever faced a lower seed in the tournament that had beaten them in the regular season like we did that year.

I'm not bitter or anything.

Good to know -- confirms what palm said about a month ago month ago but nothing came from ncaa.

I wonder if we will really see more inter conference matchups in round of 32, or will they still prefer to avoid.

Having pieced brackets together for a number if years... almost as a calming puzzle exercise, I can confirm it makes it much easier