Palm still has Syracuse as a 1 seed after yesterday | Syracusefan.com

Palm still has Syracuse as a 1 seed after yesterday

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Palm is better than Lunardi IMO and I mean that even if he had Syracuse as a 2 seed. Palm looks at the teams resumes and doesn't have the biases that Lunardi does. Lunardi has Nova as a 3 seed when they are a strong 2 right now.

Palm has Syracuse as the 4th 1 seed.
2. Villanova
3. Michigan
4. Oklahoma
5.UConn

Looks like FL, Wich St, and likely Zona are #1 locks. Interesting to see who that #4 will be. Kansas is not a #1 (22-7?) IMO. Should come down to SU-Duke-Virginia as the 4th. VA only if they win the ACCT. SU or Duke depending on who does better in tournament, with a lean to SU.

Palm is more trustworthy than Lunardi.

Still control how we finish. Win two games and the ACC quarters and we put ourselves in great position.

17 wins vs top 100 is what has Kansas in the mix for a 1 seed but I don't see Kansas winning conference tourney after there big guy tweaked his back

Keep that scag program UConn out of MSG. Why should a #5 seed get a virtual home court? After they take another loss to Ville send them to the midwest.

Keep that scag program UConn out of MSG. Why should a #5 seed get a virtual home court? After they take another loss to Ville send them to the midwest.

I think Green Bay or Oklahoma would take care of them. No analysis for why... just because. F em.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Palm is better than Lunardi IMO and I mean that even if he had Syracuse as a 2 seed. Palm looks at the teams resumes and doesn't have the biases that Lunardi does. Lunardi has Nova as a 3 seed when they are a strong 2 right now.

Palm has Syracuse as the 4th 1 seed.
2. Villanova
3. Michigan
4. Oklahoma
5.UConn

Palm is the better "bracketologist". And I am not even talking about putting the brackets together... he just provides better insights than Lunardi throughout the season.

I think Palm is kind of idiotic sometimes too:

San Diego State as a #2 seed? You HAVE to be kidding me.

From another board-

No way this resume:

25-3, #13 AP, #23 RPI, #27 Pomeroy, #136 SOS (from RPI) <-- SDSU

beats out any of the following resumes for a #2 seed:

25-5, #12 AP, #10 RPI, #2 Pomeroy, #25 SOS (RPI) <-- UVa
23-6, #6 AP, #7 RPI, #3 Pomeroy, #7 SOS (RPI) <-- Duke
23-5, #9 AP, #9 RPI, #7 Pomeroy, #23 SOS (RPI) <-- Creighton

There are at least half a dozen other teams that don't belong in the conversation for a #2 seed but still have as good or better resumes than San Diego State. Yet Palm still trots SDSU out as a #2 seed. Crazy.

From another board-

No way this resume:

There are at least half a dozen other teams that don't belong in the conversation for a #2 seed but still have as good or better resumes than San Diego State. Yet Palm still trots SDSU out as a #2 seed. Crazy.

I'm not sure about San Diego St as a 2 either, but why are you using AP and Pomeroy ratings in a resume, as if they mean anything.
The analysis above is frankly terrible as it is littered with meaningless stuff.

Why are you excluding things that really matter on top lines - top 25, top 50, top 100 records. Not that they support SD St either.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about San Diego St as a 2 either, but why are you using AP and Pomeroy ratings in a resume, as if they mean anything.
The analysis above is frankly terrible as it is littered with meaningless stuff.

Why are you excluding things that really matter on top lines - top 25, top 50, top 100 records. Not that they support SD St either.

It wasn't my material, just something I saw on the Duke board that I happened to agree with (the result, not including AP or KenPom, which I agree are irrelevant). FYI, I looked it up and you're right - the record vs top teams don't NEARLY support elevating SDSU over teams that are 10-15 spots better in RPI and over 100 spots better in SOS. Palm is as stupid about this as Lunardi is about elevating Kansas over you guys despite the fact that your loss yesterday was MUCH "better" than theirs.

palm actually answers fans questions on twitter unlike lunardi

17 wins vs top 100 is what has Kansas in the mix for a 1 seed but I don't see Kansas winning conference tourney after there big guy tweaked his back

Being a one is about being nearly spotless though not just strength of schedule. I could see 5 losses but even 6 is really pushing it. I would give it to witchita over a 6 loss team if they finish spotless, don't care how tough your schedule is.

Lunardi sees himself as a movie star. Clown.
Bracketology_lunardi.jpg

objectively Kansas,Syracuse and Wisconsin are very similar profiles and will likely come down to conference tournament results to break up. All 3 profiles are better than Wichita states too but that is unpredictable on how committee will vote . Virginia is #8 on my list while Duke is 11 just behind them since teams 7-10 all still could get a share of regular season conference titles(Nova, Virg,Creighton, Michigan)

Being a one is about being nearly spotless though not just strength of schedule. I could see 5 losses but even 6 is really pushing it. I would give it to witchita over a 6 loss team if they finish spotless, don't care how tough your schedule is.

that isn't accurate. Being a 1 seed is about having 1 of the 4 best resumes after looking at everyone's body of work.

that isn't accurate. Being a 1 seed is about having 1 of the 4 best resumes after looking at everyone's body of work.

Fair enough thats the way it is, but I feel a one seed should have a sense of being nearly spotless to it. Its a award not just a deserving quality like a 2 seed. Sometimes awards are won when the level of competition isn't as high as it could be. 7 losses is alot of mess ups, when others only have 2-3.

College basketball analyists overate talent without taking chemistry into mind.

And they do the same thing the opposite direction by overating the lack of chemistry and not seeing that 1-2 players can really lead a team to victory, like Fair and Ennis.

Last edited:

From another board-

No way this resume:

San Diego State has wins over @Kansas, Creighton and are 14-2 in a decent league. San Diego State only has 3 losses they are closer to the 2 line than UVA is. I like UVA and want your program to be a top ACC team as I think a strong UVA, and UNC is vital to the ACC getting better nationally. However, that win @Kansas is the best win anybody will have this year and if San Diego State runs the table thru the end of the season and only has 2 losses they will be the 2 seed out West like they were in 2011.
My top 12 right now would be Florida-Arizona-Wichita State-Syracuse-Kansas-Villanova-Duke-Wisconsin-Creighton-Virginia-San Diego State-Michigan.

San Diego State has wins over @Kansas, Creighton and are 14-2 in a decent league. San Diego State only has 3 losses they are closer to the 2 line than UVA is. I like UVA and want your program to be a top ACC team as I think a strong UVA, and UNC is vital to the ACC getting better nationally. However, that win @Kansas is the best win anybody will have this year and if San Diego State runs the table thru the end of the season and only has 2 losses they will be the 2 seed out West like they were in 2011.
My top 12 right now would be Florida-Arizona-Wichita State-Syracuse-Kansas-Villanova-Duke-Wisconsin-Creighton-Virginia-San Diego State-Michigan.

So a big win vs a "name" opponent is more important than overall body of work? #22 RPI, #112 SOS.

In blind resumes, that's "4 seedish..."

So a big win vs a "name" opponent is more important than overall body of work? #22 RPI, #112 SOS.

In blind resumes, that's "4 seedish..."
San Diego State beat Kansas at Phog Allen FieldHouse. Kansas is undefeated at home in conference play against the number 1 RPI conference and San Diego State ended a 68 non-conference home streak for Kansas. Nobody else has touched Kansas at home their losses have been on the road. San Diego State is closer to the 2 line than you give them credit. If they beat Kansas at home that wins means a LOT less, but they won at KANSAS thus its worth a lot more. San Diego State's win at Kansas is probably the best win any NCAA tournament team will have on their resume.

San Diego State beat Kansas at Phog Allen FieldHouse. Kansas is undefeated at home in conference play against the number 1 RPI conference and San Diego State ended a 68 non-conference home streak for Kansas. Nobody else has touched Kansas at home their losses have been on the road. San Diego State is closer to the 2 line than you give them credit. If they beat Kansas at home that wins means a LOT less, but they won at KANSAS thus its worth a lot more. San Diego State's win at Kansas is probably the best win any NCAA tournament team will have on their resume.

So what you're saying is, "Yes, one big win is more important than overall resume. Important enough to move somebody up 2 seed lines in fact."

I'm just saying I think the committee will disagree with that sentiment. I can see a team a 2-3 RPI spots off a seed line moving up due to impressive accomplishments (i.e. Wichita going undefeated lets their 6-RPI move onto 1 seed line, 16-1 since jan move UVa RPI 10 onto 2 seed line, and a ridiculous Kansas win moves SDSU from 22 onto the 4 seed line). If that win is "super-crazy", maybe they move up like 5-10 spots. That's 3/4 line, not 2.

Just my opinion though, everybody gets their say - one of the things that makes this time of year fun for discussion! ;)

So what you're saying is, "Yes, one big win is more important than overall resume. Important enough to move somebody up 2 seed lines in fact."

I'm just saying I think the committee will disagree with that sentiment. I can see a team a 2-3 RPI spots off a seed line moving up due to impressive accomplishments (i.e. Wichita going undefeated lets their 6-RPI move onto 1 seed line, 16-1 since jan move UVa RPI 10 onto 2 seed line, and a ridiculous Kansas win moves SDSU from 22 onto the 4 seed line). If that win is "super-crazy", maybe they move up like 5-10 spots. That's 3/4 line, not 2.

Just my opinion though, everybody gets their say - one of the things that makes this time of year fun for discussion! ;)
San Diego State is closer to a 2 seed than you think is my point. However, we will see come selection Sunday. However, you made my point with Wichita State moving up to the 1 line. If Wichita State can be a 1 seed then San Diego State can be a 2 seed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom