parking pass swap | Syracusefan.com

parking pass swap

t4rip

Walk On
Need some advice, for years I've had parking passes in the woman's building south lot. This year it is sold out, so I had to move to mount Olympus lot. Is anyone interested in swapping 3 passes in Olympus for 2 passes in the woman's south lot. I bring two 80 plus year old people with me who can't do all the stairs?

Another spot sold out way ahead of normal.

best bet would be to drop them off going up the hill and let them walk around the base

Those stairs are killers.

It would be interesting to know if more people in general all of sudden decided to buy passes or just the fact of more people buying multiple passes has caused a trickle down effect.

Need some advice, for years I've had parking passes in the woman's building south lot. This year it is sold out, so I had to move to mount Olympus lot. Is anyone interested in swapping 3 passes in Olympus for 2 passes in the woman's south lot. I bring two 80 plus year old people with me who can't do all the stairs?
Wonder if you spoke to your ticket or SU rep, if there’s any leeway for the disabled, elderly.

Another spot sold out way ahead of normal.

best bet would be to drop them off going up the hill and let them walk around the base

Those stairs are killers.

It would be interesting to know if more people in general all of sudden decided to buy passes or just the fact of more people buying multiple passes has caused a trickle down effect.
Yes, I am disappointed to say the least. The whole ticket and parking situation is unfortunate for a lot of loyal fans.

I get many disappointed people.. I also wonder how many happy people who got upgrades they waited for years to get. For everyone who had an aisle seat how many wanted one they never could?

When you removed 3-4 seats a row even had they not done the student and end zone flop many were going to be unhappy.

when a section loses 100 seats those people had to go some place and it rippled thru the process.

Personally, the process worked out great for me location wise. But I also realized you had to be willing to up the ante and play the game.

I get many disappointed people.. I also wonder how many happy people who got upgrades they waited for years to get. For everyone who had an aisle seat how many wanted one they never could?

When you removed 3-4 seats a row even had they not done the student and end zone flop many were going to be unhappy.

when a section loses 100 seats those people had to go some place and it rippled thru the process.

Personally, the process worked out great for me location wise. But I also realized you had to be willing to up the ante and play the game
Live and learn, sometimes change is good. Looking forward to a great season!

West lots are sold out too. Couldn’t get in this year!

I think it’s a combination of the closing of lots closer to JMA and the university’s decision to reduce parking in the west lots because of the I-81 project.

They are losing their minds over the proposed traffic circle at the bottom of Van Buren at Renwick. That will certainly have an impact for the fall 25 season and they do not want to wait to pull those passes all at the same season.

I expect even fewer West lot passes next year. Then they will assess after the grid is up and the viaduct is gone.

Last edited:
I think it’s a combination of the closing of lots closer to JMA and the university’s decision to reduce parking in the west lots because of the I-81 project.

They are losing their minds over the proposed traffic circle at the bottom of Van Buren at Renwick. That will certainly have an impact for the fall 25 season and they do not want to wait to pull those passes all at the same season.

I expect even fewer West lot passes next year. Then they will assess after the grid is up and the viaduct is gone.

I have little doubt that SU is very concerned about the proposed traffic circle where it is currently slated to be. That said it's still years away (at best) and even if it comes to fruition I don't believe it actually is slated to take up any actual west lot space owned by SU. Perhaps I have that wrong but seems odd SU would cost itself tens of thousands of dollars for this potential issue years down the road.

They have a lot of those premium field seats and club 44 seats available still. With the loss of a lot of on campus parking they need to have parking available for those paying $2500 a seat or whatever it is. I think they’ve held back a lot of west parking passes for that purpose. Should have built a stadium on South campus.

They have a lot of those premium field seats and club 44 seats. With the loss of a lot of on campus parking they need to have parking available for those paying $2500 a seat or whatever it is. I think they’ve held back a lot of west parking passes for that purpose. Should have built a stadium on South campus.

Imagine the tailgating that would have occurred.

it’s a shame that they weren’t able to make that happen. Especially with the push to get students off South. With all of the athletic buildings and such over there it just would have made absolute since. They probably even could have tied in with 481 down the backside of the hill and had an easy entrance and exit on gameday with no worry about any of the grid system on 81

They will look back at the decision of renovating the dome over building a new stadium and regret it

With that being said, I absolutely love the Dome and am happy to attend games at the dome.

I have little doubt that SU is very concerned about the proposed traffic circle where it is currently slated to be. That said it's still years away (at best) and even if it comes to fruition I don't believe it actually is slated to take up any actual west lot space owned by SU. Perhaps I have that wrong but seems odd SU would cost itself tens of thousands of dollars for this potential issue years down the road.
it’s not space. It’s traffic flow and access. Renwick is going away. Every car has to navigate the circle and head up Van Buren. And it’s not years away. The project is full speed ahead, and the impact on the west side of campus will begin in fall 25.

The lawsuits and delays are over.

it’s not space. It’s traffic flow and access. Renwick is going away. Every car has to navigate the circle and head up Van Buren. And it’s not years away. The project is full speed ahead, and the impact on the west side of campus will begin in fall 25.

The lawsuits and delays are over.

Right, the traffic issue and patterns that are already a mess will get worse but the amount of capacity shouldn't really be affected at all.

As far as the 81 project itself I know all of the lawsuits have finally ended but a project of this size and scope will undoubtedly run in to multiple delays not to mention the issues of trying to get anything done during the dead of winter in Syracuse. Count me in as skeptical that this will stay anywhere close to the projected timeline/timeframe.

I imagine for out of towner fans who used to stay at the Sheraton will now need to be driving from a hotel etc to see games and will need parking passes. The loss of the closest hotels to the University must be causing some impact too.
I will be taking the shuttle from the Marriott downtown.

Imagine the tailgating that would have occurred.

it’s a shame that they weren’t able to make that happen. Especially with the push to get students off South. With all of the athletic buildings and such over there it just would have made absolute since. They probably even could have tied in with 481 down the backside of the hill and had an easy entrance and exit on gameday with no worry about any of the grid system on 81

They will look back at the decision of renovating the dome over building a new stadium and regret it

With that being said, I absolutely love the Dome and am happy to attend games at the dome.
It would have all made sense. But I just wouldn't know which way is even up if I were to watch SU play a home game not in the Dome :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom