Parrish's Top 25+1 for 2014-5 | Syracusefan.com

Parrish's Top 25+1 for 2014-5

Cooney who lost his touch, Mike G who didn't start, Xmas who JB publicly dogs, a handful of guys JB said weren't good enough to help us whatsoever this year and a few freshman, who JB typically says can't contribute. Can we argue we are top-25 material?

Last edited:
Cooney who lost his touch, Mike G who didn't start, Xmas who JB publicly dogs, a handful of guys JB said weren't good enough to help us whatsoever this year and a few freshman, who JB typically says can't contribute. Can we argue we aren't top-25 material?

For sure we can AND your top two NBA prospects likely gone. I posted this once before that it will be interesting to see how Boeheim develops (or not) the roster next season. I don't know if he has the patience or the will anymore to teach the game, fundamentals, etc. to a really raw roster. If Ennis/Grant both are gone then the positive is that he will be forced to since we need bodies out there. Will be interesting to say the least!

This year showed preseason rankings are garbage.

We have had so many great regular seasons in a row. I would not be surprised if next year turns out to be one of the worst seasons we have seen in a long time. I have no idea where a coherent offense is going to come from.

Great. That means we are Final Four material!!!

SU isn't going to be ranked unless Ennis comes back. The media needs returning stars or top 10 incoming recruits to latch on to and we don't have any.

So Harvard has more 'stars' than Syracuse in your opinion? The collapse of 2013/2014 is worse than I thought if that is true.

So Harvard has more 'stars' than Syracuse in your opinion? The collapse of 2013/2014 is worse than I thought if that is true.
It's not my opinion, it's Parrish's poll. And Harvard has a couple players who are highly regarded and were key to them winning this season returning. What accomplished players do we have returning...Cooney, Rak?

OrangeCrush22 said:
Next year's team will get farther than this year's.

Shouldn't be difficult with a single digit seed. Then again I didn't see us losing to the mighty Dayton.

People shouldn't get themselves all worked-up about these rankings. This is just one sports writer's subjective opinion. And even if it was a consensus opinion (like the AP or coaches poll), it is way too early to seriously evaluate the talent that will be on the floor next winter.

Preseason and even the last ranking mean little to nothing...the game is decided on the court not by a chosen few. If the SU team can improve as the season progresses next year we'll be in fine shape.

I don't disagree that we shouldn't be a top team, but seeing some of those schools with the players they lose and the players they return at lease gives me hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom