Pascal | Syracusefan.com

Pascal

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
What an amazing performance by Chewey in the second half. I rewatched the comeback during the first 7 minutes of the second half this morning and he was playing possessed. On virtually every Arkansas St possession he either blocked a shot, altered a shot, got a rebound, tipped a rebound, or stole the ball.

On every Syracuse possession he was setting great picks, moving people around, and he was in the right place for his skills. He will never be a scorer, but he dominated the second half with his defensive play and did what he needed to do to help our offense.
What a performance. Gotta love the guy.

Agree that Pascal finally showed us an extended look at what he is capable. It's possible he was "encouraged" to step up. Whatever, he did.

He'll need to have the same presence in the ACC if we are going to be in the top half of the conference.

What an amazing performance by Chewey in the second half. I rewatched the comeback during the first 7 minutes of the second half this morning and he was playing possessed. On virtually every Arkansas St possession he either blocked a shot, altered a shot, got a rebound, tipped a rebound, or stole the ball.

On every Syracuse possession he was setting great picks, moving people around, and he was in the right place for his skills. He will never be a scorer, but he dominated the second half with his defensive play and did what he needed to do to help our offense.
What a performance. Gotta love the guy.
He played like that for long stretches last season, at least in the universe I was inhabiting at the time. Perhaps he will do so again.

agree pascal's play the past few games has been a bit blasé .
but check out this shot chart from yesterday...

pascalt2.PNG

(ok it's nerd humor)

People act like he hasn't played well for us at times but he has and is capable of this.

We are a very good team if our PG and Center (s) play their best.

Could be revisionist history but I feel like PC played better last season. If he can just grab a few more boards and convert the 2-3 opportunities he gets it will make a world of difference.

Great to see Chewie play well. We finally got some much needed production from the 5 position. We need it big time. Maybe Chewie got inspired for being benched from the starting 5. Whatever the reason, we need that kind of work from the center position to have any shot in conference play. We can’t have all three centers combining for a bucket or two and a handful of rebounds. I like Marek in the starting five, that was a much needed change to the starting set,

pascalt2.PNG

(ok it's nerd humor)
I remember failing that test.

pascalt2.PNG

(ok it's nerd humor)
I would agree that it is “nerd.” I would argue that it is not ‘humorous.’
:)

pascalt2.PNG

(ok it's nerd humor)

That’s a deep pull.

People act like he hasn't played well for us at times but he has and is capable of this.

We are a very good team if our PG and Center (s) play their best.
I don't think anyone doubts that PC can be an effective force on defense. Sometimes a great force. It's always been on the offensive end of the court where he disappoints. But he did get 6 offensive rebounds in 23 minutes. For SU to make the tournament, he has to be effective. No other options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom