Paschal Chukwu | Syracusefan.com

Paschal Chukwu

Sounds like it's been a long term issue that just got worse and worse. I can imagine being a first year player here that he was especially worried about admitting the issue he was having. Too bad because it only worsened without treatment. Tough situation for the young man.

surprised he didnt come up with the issue in whatever physical he had before the season started. his eye site seems like it was already limited.

As has been said, terrible. So this is the answer to the question of why Coach Boeheim saw a different player than we did?

And Chukwu might have seen Gillon's pass coming, if his eye wasn't already giving him trouble...

Last edited:
I played with a kid with one eye, he just played with protective glasses. I think Pascal will be ok.

I know an oral surgeon that is blind in one eye. Can't imagine how he does it.

Ugh. Best wishes to Chewbacca. Hope to see him on the court next year.

I'd imagine it really messes with your depth perception
This is going to sound crazy but I swear he had the best court vision of anyone I have ever played with or against.

I'd imagine it really messes with your depth perception

It will change you peripheral field of view, but not necessarily your depth perception.

So is there any chance he could be eligible for a 6th year?

I played with a kid with one eye, he just played with protective glasses. I think Pascal will be ok.

Otule from Buzz Williams' Marquette (2013) was blind in one eye. And yeah, he wore the protective glasses and did well.

But really, NCAA, if you don't grant him a "hardship" waiver for an additional year for this . . . Oh Lord

When I hear about bad injuries like this that require multiple procedures to correct, I always wonder who foots the bill. Am I right that the school can't pay for the players' medical care because that would be a benefit not offered to 'normal' students? If I am, that's near the top of my list of things that make the NCAA the most backwards, garbage athletic association of all time. If I'm wrong, it's still an organization of scumbags.

When I hear about bad injuries like this that require multiple procedures to correct, I always wonder who foots the bill. Am I right that the school can't pay for the players' medical care because that would be a benefit not offered to 'normal' students? If I am, that's near the top of my list of things that make the NCAA the most backwards, garbage athletic association of all time. If I'm wrong, it's still an organization of scumbags.

I'm almost positive since it happened during a game (or at least was made worse during the Holy Cross game), the school pays for it.

This is now one of my all time favorite quotes!!

On a side note...Isaiah Austin of Baylor played with one eye, and was pretty darn good to boot! Now I'm not saying Chubaka is anywhere near his ability level, but it's possible he could make a comeback!

Unfortunately Austin also found out he had Marfan Syndrone before the draft and retired! Catch a break kid!