Pass defense | Syracusefan.com

Pass defense

djorange1989

Living Legend
We gotta fix the run D because we cannot waste this pass D, it is so freaking good. One bad quarter against Purdue. That is it.

We fixed it in 2018 after we got gashed for three straight games starting with Clemson. Let’s fix it fast with that Pitt dude waiting next weekend

And based on what I saw Garrett Williams is done for the year.

Going to have to Band-Aid the Defense. Sparrow played the whole game. I did not see Roon or Lowery at all which makes me wonder if we have even more injuries. Wake and Florida State will be more finesse so better matchup, but Pitt and BC are going to pound us on the ground.

Idk how you fix the run defense.

They sort of made their bed when they didn't bring a transfer DL.

You can go more heavy in the front seven, but now that GW is likely down for the season going to more 4 DL hurts the pass defense

Going to have to Band-Aid the Defense. Sparrow played the whole game. I did not see Roon or Lowery at all which makes me wonder if we have even more injuries. Wake and Florida State will be more finesse so better matchup, but Pitt and BC are going to pound us on the ground.
Ok you lost me at BC. They stink and their OL looks like ours in 2019. FSU runs the ball well, more finesse for sure but they are a much bigger worry than BC. Those bums might be 2-9 going into our game with two stars probably ready to opt out for the draft

Sparrow didn’t play the whole game. Lowery was out there at times. McDonald started and played most of the way. Wax dinged his and came a couple of plays.

Sparrow didn’t play the whole game. Lowery was out there at times. McDonald started and played most of the way. Wax dinged his and came a couple of plays.

Mighta been the 4th Q then but it was #12 for huge stretches. Im pretty sure McDonald was playing up on the line for the most part.

I barely saw lowery. I don’t think he got many snaps .

Mikel had 16 tackles by the way. 10 solos. Sic

Last edited:
Not sure how many plays but I did see Sparrow in.

Idk how you fix the run defense.

They sort of made their bed when they didn't bring a transfer DL.

You can go more heavy in the front seven, but now that GW is likely down for the season going to more 4 DL hurts the pass defense
Ya they seem pretty clearly related.
In general I like the modern approach they're going with. Although against a team that can't throw, it'd be nice to deviate and not defend like we're playing the Chiefs.

Ya they seem pretty clearly related.
In general I like the modern approach they're going with. Although against a team that can't throw, it'd be nice to deviate and not defend like we're playing the Chiefs.
For the days of Darius and Jones at safety. If a runner got past the line they got hurt, and became timid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom