Pastner suspends player for "Inappropriate Language" | Syracusefan.com

Pastner suspends player for "Inappropriate Language"

I thought the same thing when I heard about it. How could this guy possibly not curse at certain moments of a game? Oh well. Good for him for showing his players that he's not going to tolerate any BS during games

They had an interview with him where he said he doesn't curse, he tells his players not to curse and on a Gameday, Digger came in to talk to the team and was dropping -bombs left and right. All the players were just looking at Pastner like ummmmmm...

It's amazing how quickly societal norms have been shifting. My memory isnt as sharp as some of yours, but didn't Dion get in the dog house with JB as a frosh for his use of language? I understand it may have been more about context, but it still is related to the topic on some level.

I've been giving thought lately to curse words, and why we call them that. I don't doubt that they have a cumulative effect on our being in ways we might not comprehend, and I don't just mean a much weaker grasp of vocabulary. I think some of the ancient teachers were getting at it when saying what comes out of our mouth is more important than what goes in it, which has helped me understand the reasoning people may take vows of silence. I think it may operate on the same principle of cultures who do not want to have their picture taken, as it is binding and strips the power of possibility. I could be wrong though.