Pat Knight and Lamar | Syracusefan.com

Pat Knight and Lamar

texascpa

Living Legend
Not sure if anyone noticed or even cared, but after Pat Knights highly publicized outing of his seniors, Lamar has knocked off 5 straight wins and is in the Southland Conference championship game (game is literally 5 minutes down from where I live) ready to grab a ticket to the dance. I don't want to get in an argument on the validity of his rant, but coaches know their players better than anyone, no matter how the media thinks things should be handled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XyZvOaeeqM
In case you're not sure what I'm referring to, here's the video.

I couldn't agree more. I tip my hat to coach Knight and to the players for how they responded on the court after his speech. I hope they win the final and make it to the big dance, and hope others may also be inspired by Knight's talk and what came of it. He's likely done those guys a favor. Folks tend to learn best from the hard lessons, sadly.

Not sure if anyone noticed or even cared, but after Pat Knights highly publicized outing of his seniors, Lamar has knocked off 5 straight wins and is in the Southland Conference championship game (game is literally 5 minutes down from where I live) ready to grab a ticket to the dance. I don't want to get in an argument on the validity of his rant, but coaches know their players better than anyone, no matter how the media thinks things should be handled.

I was the one who posted the video of his rant and said it was a genius move on his part and was pretty much laughed at. Guy knew what he was doing and if it didnt work then oh well. One game away from the tournament for them now.

I was the one who posted the video of his rant and said it was a genius move on his part and was pretty much laughed at. Guy knew what he was doing and if it didnt work then oh well. One game away from the tournament for them now.

You know, until I posted this and the accompanying video I hadn't seen the whole thing. I only saw the snippets the media was going nuts over. After watching the WHOLE thing, I can't agree with him more. Seems like some of the parents of those players have stood up and supported Knight on his rant. I would have too.

I certainly was critical of his rant. Oh well, I guess that's why he's won 25 more games than I have.

I see last night Lamar, which went 11-5 in conference during the regular season, beat Stephen F. Austin (12-4). Lamar was a 2-point favorite according to covers.com.

Lamar's previous 4 games were at Sam Houston St. (7-9), at Texas St. (5-11), home vs. McNeese St. (10-6) and a conference tournament game against Northwestern St. (8-8).

It looks like Lamar, which is the 2nd highest rated Southland Conference team according to the massey rating comparison, has won four games it should have won plus the virtual toss-up last night.

texascpa, do you live in Beaumont, TX? I grew up in Dayton, TX about 45 minutes to the east on HW-90.

texascpa, do you live in Beaumont, TX? I grew up in Dayton, TX about 45 minutes to the east on HW-90.

Katy. The Southland Conference plays their conference championship at the Merrell Center in Katy, right off of I-10

I see last night Lamar, which went 11-5 in conference during the regular season, beat Stephen F. Austin (12-4). Lamar was a 2-point favorite according to covers.com.

Lamar's previous 4 games were at Sam Houston St. (7-9), at Texas St. (5-11), home vs. McNeese St. (10-6) and a conference tournament game against Northwestern St. (8-8).

It looks like Lamar, which is the 2nd highest rated Southland Conference team according to the massey rating comparison, has won four games it should have won plus the virtual toss-up last night.

You mean that their streak isn't a result of Knight's rant?

Katy. The Southland Conference plays their conference championship at the Merrell Center in Katy, right off of I-10

Gotcha. I live in the Galleria area. Do you ever go to the viewing parties in Houston?

Gotcha. I live in the Galleria area. Do you ever go to the viewing parties in Houston?

No, not really. Just watch the games at home. Is there a place that SU fans hang out at?

I wonder if this type of action would cause SUs seniors: Joseph and Scoop to play better or would it just cause a rift? Clearly those two guys are just not playing well, but I don't know if they have the personality to react positively to such a challenge.

No, not really. Just watch the games at home. Is there a place that SU fans hang out at?

Yes, either BW3 in Rice Village or Big Woodrows on Chimney Rock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom