Paternos 12:30 presser today... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Paternos 12:30 presser today...

This is what happens when you let a frail, mentally-failing 84-year-old man be the figurehead leader of your program.

At this point in his life Paterno is not equipped to deal with this kind of press conference. It's going to be a total sh!tshow.

National media are there too now. Doyle said he has already been told football questions only and he replied that he isn't there to talk about fullbacks. The local guys may wuss out but I think some of the others may push forward on the subject.

National media are there too now. Doyle said he has already been told football questions only and he replied that he isn't there to talk about fullbacks. The local guys may wuss out but I think some of the others may push forward on the subject.

Kim Jones sounded very emotional, and very angry, when she was on with Francessa yesterday. I'm sure there are more than a few national media people with Penn State ties who feel the same way, and they're going to badger the old man.

I'm setting the over/under on questions before someone from PSU interrupts and takes JoePa away at 4.

I can't believe PSU actually put out a press release saying that JoePa will only answer questions about the Nebraska game. Even saying that is absolutely absurd, and won't stop a single reporter from grilling Joe. This presser is going to be interesting to say the least.

According to UConn board Kim Jones a penn st grad was on Mike Francesca's show yesterday and they were ripping Joe. She covered Penn St football when she was a student there. She's going on assignment to the press conference today. This is not going away anytime soon unless joe steps down as head coach.

Kim also mentioned (though did NOT draw any direct correlation on-air) that the county DA, who declined to prosecute Sandusky in '98 b/c of lack of evidence, went missing in the mid 2000s along with his computer. He was never found and the police just this year officially declared him dead.

Not to add fuel to this fire, but hard not to think about how that could play into all this.

Kim also mentioned (though did NOT draw any direct correlation on-air) that the county DA, who declined to prosecute Sandusky in '98 b/c of lack of evidence, went missing in the mid 2000s along with his computer. He was never found and the police just this year officially declared him dead.

Not to add fuel to this fire, but hard not to think about how that could play into all this.

That was discussed in another thread and I agree. The fact he took out his hard drive and tried to destroy and get rid of it says that there was something on it he or someone else didn't want seen. I don't think it takes a lot of 1+1's = 2 to say that he either committed suicide under the weight of what he knew was happening to little boys or he was killed. I's not a huge leap of faith IMO.

just listened to a couple of minutes of Cowherd in the car - reporter out of Philadelphia said that Joe will say that he is potentially a material witness in an ongoing investigation and therefore is unable to comment on the matter

lot of people converging on state college and the old man isn't going to talk

At this point in the legal proceedings it's hard for me to believe that the PA Attorney general would want a potential witness at a possible upcoming trial. while there is an ongoing investigation, to make public comments about anything pertinent related to the case.

I'm sure JP feels comfortable saying things like what a terrible unfortunate happening...and how sad he is, but to go any further would not make the AG or his personal lawyer happy.

I think JoeP probably has good reason not to address any particulars in this affair publicly. I'm sure a press conference at this point will probably be a public relations disaster for him. If I'm him I opt out of a press conference and seriously consider when to announce my retirement.

just listened to a couple of minutes of Cowherd in the car - reporter out of Philadelphia said that Joe will say that he is potentially a material witness in an ongoing investigation and therefore is unable to comment on the matter

it will show how out-of-touch the PSU leadership is if they think they are going to trot this guy out there and do a football-only press conference in the middle of all this.

Is ESPN sending anyone or are they still in denial?

This is what happens when you let a frail, mentally-failing 84-year-old man be the figurehead leader of your program.

At this point in his life Paterno is not equipped to deal with this kind of press conference. It's going to be a total sh!tshow.

How has PSU not hired a national PR firm to take control?

How convenient. But somehow he's been able to have his son speak for him non-stop since this story broke. Fraud.

Presser has apparently been cancelled. Talk about spineless.

I'm setting the over/under on questions before someone from PSU interrupts and takes JoePa away at 4.

I'll take the under on that.