Paterno's Son Refutes NYT Story | Syracusefan.com

Paterno's Son Refutes NYT Story

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
images-1_normal.jpeg

ScottPaterno Scott Paterno

NYT report premature. No discussions about retirement with JVP.

Is he on the board? I think they're planning it, not talking to JoePa about it.

He is an attorney and political strategist. Not sure if he's on the board.

New reports say that Scott is setting up a press conference for JoePa at an off-campus location.

New reports say that Scott is setting up a press conference for JoePa at an off-campus location.

Not as long as he's employee of the university. If they fire him today, I suppose he could hold a press conference. But what would be the point?

Joe is incapable of coherrently speaking for himself.

His son is trying to salvage his family name.

It won't work.

Joe is incapable of coherrently speaking for himself.

That's what he and his peeps will want you to believe. It's a good defense.

"Who? What? I'm an old man! How was I to know what was happening? I'm just a figure-head coach!"

Kind of like when Uncle Leo got caught stealing books.

That's what he and his peeps will want you to believe. It's a good defense.

"Who? What? I'm an old man! How was I to know what was happening? I'm just a figure-head coach!"

Kind of like when Uncle Leo got caught stealing books.

It's true now. He's a frail old man who barely makes sense when he speaks.

In 1998? In 2002? He was still sharp and had the faculties to address this inhuman behavior.

But at this point the guy is a confused old man who can't talk his way out of a paper bag.

It's true now. He's a frail old man who barely makes sense when he speaks.

In 1998? In 2002? He was still sharp and had the faculties to address this inhuman behavior.

But at this point the guy is a confused old man who can't talk his way out of a paper bag.

Jerry ? Jerry who ? Why the hell did she give me tuna for lunch it always give me gas.

I commented a few weeks ago after ESPN showed JoePa's pep rally speach that I thought he was going to yell at the kids to keep off his lawn at any moment. The players reactions were "Hey look, its Coach Paterno, like they'd never seen him before." We may now find out how little he has had to do with the program the past few years. But I would agree, in 2002 he was coherent enough to be held responsbile for not reporting it to the police, or at least making sure it had been done. If the Paterno family continues to fight this it will end very very ugly. If he were to resign, state I did what I had to do, but I should have done more. We all should have done more and I'm sorry to the families etc. Then Joe Pa and his family could save his legacy. Instead my money is on them running it into the ground by claiming he was not responsible.