Paterno's Statue Coming Down? | Syracusefan.com

Paterno's Statue Coming Down?

Bill Orange

darrenrovell darren rovell

There are rumors that PSU is removing Paterno's statue (H/T @greggdoyelcbs) Is this now? Can a PSU student get to the stadium to confirm?

I can picture Bees down there pulling the rope to topple the statue over a la S. Hussein's statue toppling over.

Rumor debunked
That'd be a tad early for that. I can understand the B10 trophy thing, not sure why they ever named their trophy after him anyhow. Probably because they knew they'd never get either OSU or Michigan to agree to either Woody/Bo or any combination thereof. Look out Woody, here comes another Clemson Linebacker!:bat:

Gregg Doyel (@greggdoyelcbs)
11/16/11 10:05 AM
Last update: PSU professors have told students it's a done deal: Paterno statue going down over Thanksgiving

I can picture Bees down there pulling the rope to topple the statue over a la S. Hussein's statue toppling over.

With this banner in the background...

mission-accomplished-banner.jpg

Wow. The must know there is a lot more that hasn't been made public yet.

There are rumors that PSU is removing Paterno's statue (H/T @greggdoyelcbs) Is this now? Can a PSU student get to the stadium to confirm?

Isn't Bees the one who pulled that fine ninja maneuver back in the late 80's and painted the Nittany Lion orange? ;)

Imagine, for the last 60 years that paterno gave to PSU, he is being wiped from the face of the University. Never thought that would happen in a million years. Maybe they'll paint over him on that mural, too.

Different circumstances, but it's almost like when King James left Cleveland. Almost like he never played there.

I painted the nittany lion in front a yellowish color for a few minutes and spent 20 years in a Pennsylvania prison. It would have been 15 years if it were rollingrock but was pure recycled budweiser.

Isn't Bees the one who pulled that fine ninja maneuver back in the late 80's and painted the Nittany Lion orange? ;)

Actually ask OrangeBuddha about that one...

school has no choice but to wipe his name off the face of the university -

i honestly think they should have some thoughts about shutting down the program for a few years-

then start from a clean slate with nothing left of the joe pa image or legacy

The rapid decline of Paterno's reputation is addictive in watching. Taking account of his arrogance over the years it, there is an amount of satisfactionif not joy at seeing his ego be smashed on the rocks of shame . It is all self inflicted. If Joe had done the right thin and called the cops this isn't happening. Penn State is now making themselves look worse by using the secrecy gamit which will not work ultimately. While you and I can't see the records the police and Dn A can. Once this becomes public the school will forever be connected to this tragedy affecting young kids. This puts the gambling mess in perspective and Penn State now becomes synonymous with scandal in the college ranks connected with e ugly word "pedophile". It doesn't get much uglier than that. The Nittany Liars. How long will it be until the school's name isn't associated with this course of events as they unfold. I will be long gone and probably most of us here as well. Maybe our grandchildren;maybe.:(

school has no choice but to wipe his name off the face of the university -

i honestly think they should have some thoughts about shutting down the program for a few years-

then start from a clean slate with nothing left of the joe pa image or legacy
They may well want to change the name of the school. They have managed the anatomically impossible and messed themselves:rolling:

TMI
The DA of course. I must have dragged a finger across the
"n" Did anyone catch the PS alum calling in and defending Paterno? The host ripped a couple new ones! Fun and pathetic at the same time The alums arereally having a rough time with this mess. It is worse than Jim ZBrown beating up a girl friend in his prime. Tyhe only thing that could ever compare for Syracuse University alums would be that evidence suggests that Ernie Davis was a junkie.