Path to 20 wins? | Syracusefan.com

Path to 20 wins?

Flacusian

All Conference
Assuming we actually will be eligible compete in the NCAA tournament: Currently we are 14-5. The bar for making the tournament has customarily been at 20 wins although there have been instances where 20 win teams have found themselves outside the bubble on selection Sunday. ( Conjures up a painful memory) Today's game against Miami is certainly far from a gimmie... in fact none of the games are gimmies. All of that considered, which of the following games do we win to get to 20 wins? I have the following prediction which would leave us at 19 wins... thus needing to win one of the games against the top teams in the conference. We need to play our best basketball of the season if we are going to get to 20 wins not including the ACC tourney.

Miami W
N. Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
Pittsburgh L
BC W
Duke L
Louisville L
Pittsburgh L
Notre Dame L
Duke L
Virginia L
NC State W

Cuse won't be going to the tourney if they can't win at least one of your projected 6 game losing streak.

sorry to burst your bubble but by your math SU would only have 3 quality wins all year

Not even close to making the NCAA tourney

Can't see us going 0-fer vs. Duke(twice)/Ville/ND/UVA.

I think we split with Duke and go 1-2 in the other 3.

Pitt isn't that good this year either man. I'd be surprised if we go 0-2 vs. them.

Not a lot of wiggle room in there, is there? :)

We will not lose to Pitt twice. They are one of the weaker teams in the league. There's a case right now to say that NC is the best team behind Virginia. I don't see us winning at either NC or at NCS. I think Louisville is an ok matchup for us because they can't shoot. BC is tough to beat at home. We can play really well and still lose several of these games.

Assuming we actually will be eligible compete in the NCAA tournament: Currently we are 14-5. The bar for making the tournament has customarily been at 20 wins although there have been instances where 20 win teams have found themselves outside the bubble on selection Sunday. ( Conjures up a painful memory) Today's game against Miami is certainly far from a gimmie... in fact none of the games are gimmies. All of that considered, which of the following games do we win to get to 20 wins? I have the following prediction which would leave us at 19 wins... thus needing to win one of the games against the top teams in the conference. We need to play our best basketball of the season if we are going to get to 20 wins not including the ACC tourney.

Miami W
N. Carolina W
Virginia Tech W
Pittsburgh L
BC W
Duke L
Louisville L
Pittsburgh L
Notre Dame L
Duke L
Virginia L
NC State W

Today's game is very important. Need Ws against Miami Va Tech, Pitt at home and BC. Then we must come up with 2 wins in all the rest, where we will be an underdog.

Today's game is very important. Need Ws against Miami Va Tech, Pitt at home and BC. Then we must come up with 2 wins in all the rest, where we will be an underdog.

Agreed. Need this one to help offset the clemson loss.

I don't want to have to get into that grueling gauntlet down the stretch and need to get a win or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom