Path to NCAA Tournament starts tonight! | Syracusefan.com

Path to NCAA Tournament starts tonight!

Cuseball

Starter
  • Cuse must take care of busness in the next three games. Home against Va Tech, at Pitt and at BC. Will not be easy to go 3-0 but it's certainly doable. This get us to 17-7.
  • Then home against Duke, Louisville, Pitt and at Notre Dame. Split these 4 and we sit at 19-9 and 10-5 in the ACC. Importantly we would then have 6 top 100 wins to our name
  • Final 3 are very tough. I do o see us winning at Duke or home against Virginia. the final game at NC State would be huge. Go 1-2 here and the Cuse is 20-11, 11-7 in th ACC with 7 top 100 wins
  • Would be a 6 or 7 seed in the ACC tournament looking at a matchup with FSU, Clemson or Pitt. Get the win and likely looking at one of the last 4 in te bracket (play in game)
Believe!

We absolutely have to beat Va tech, Pitt at home, and BC. I would say we need a split of the Nc State and Pitt road games. I don't see us winning at Cameron, or in South Bend. That leaves Duke, Uva, and Lville at home, probably going to need to win 2 of the 3. That would put us at 20-11, a win in the acct would probably get us in. I am not sure if this team is capably of doing that.

• Cuse must take care of busness in the next three games. Home against Va Tech, at Pitt and at BC. Will not be easy to go 3-0 but it's certainly doable. This get us to 17-7.
  • Then home against Duke, Louisville, Pitt and at Notre Dame. Split these 4 and we sit at 19-9 and 10-5 in the ACC. Importantly we would then have 6 top 100 wins to our name
  • Final 3 are very tough. I do o see us winning at Duke or home against Virginia. the final game at NC State would be huge. Go 1-2 here and the Cuse is 20-11, 11-7 in th ACC with 7 top 100 wins
  • Would be a 6 or 7 seed in the ACC tournament looking at a matchup with FSU, Clemson or Pitt. Get the win and likely looking at one of the last 4 in te bracket (play in game)
Believe!
Would be nice, but I think that scenario puts them in as a lock, not last 4 in or a bubble team. That is a nice resume.

I thought it started last night... Left work early, got to the bar at 5, just in time for tip, and freaking Alabama was on ESPNU. Took me 3 "angry" jack and cokes to realize that the game wasent until tonight.

Oh well, Needed an excuse to go to the bar tonight anyway. LGO!

19-9 (10-5) gets us in the NCAAT. Bubble or last 4, we're in.

I will be very pleasantly surprised if we beat Pitt on their floor

but guys- we have no chance what so ever- just look at my chill pill post

this team has no talent no coaching no fans or arena

we have 7 loss's- that guarantees no tourney according to you guys as posted on the chill pill thread

Believe!

I'm not sure if that top 100 wins number is that attractive. They need to get at least 2 top 50 wins down the stretch. But the committee will be searching for any good so that may be it.

That being said the overall resume you represented is probably enough. I have been tracking the teams seeded between #8 and the last 10 out on the Bracket Matrix (a large bubble at this point) and they performed horribly last weekend. The bubble definetely weakened a bit. I will keep tracking it this week.

but guys- we have no chance what so ever- just look at my chill pill post

this team has no talent no coaching no fans or arena

we have 7 loss's- that guarantees no tourney according to you guys as posted on the chill pill thread

Now your totally changing the narrative.

You said other fanbases like Florida and Michigan St think they have a shot at the national title, and so should we. That is an absurd notion.

That is not at all the same as believing we have a shot of getting into the tourney.

19-9 (10-5) gets us in the NCAAT. Bubble or last 4, we're in.

Not if we mostly lose out from there and up at 19-13 or 20-13.

Not if we mostly lose out from there and up at 19-13 or 20-13.

With the current landscape of college hoops, I think we're in. Everbody's beating everybody and a lot of the traditional powerhouses are down.

I hate seeing Jamie Dixon...with his prohibition era haircut and his Paul Rudd looking face
:eek::rolling::eek::eek:
Just too good not to like, lawd av mercy :)
prohibition era haircut and Paul Rudd looking face, oh I'm crying tears of joy right now

Would be nice, but I think that scenario puts them in as a lock, not last 4 in or a bubble team. That is a nice resume.

Yep, that scenario would be a lock!!! Especially looking at other resumes out there..

:eek::rolling::eek::eek:
Just too good not to like, lawd av mercy :)
prohibition era haircut and Paul Rudd looking face, oh I'm crying tears of joy right now

There is nothing worse than when that assclown walks out onto the court during an actual game And the refs do nothing about it!

Only 3? Lightweight.

I feel like I have to defend my liver here, lol. It took me 3 jack and cokes, before I checked the schedule to see what the heck was going on. I hung out for 4 or 5 more while they made my dinner lol

What's wrong with the one you usually use?

"I woke up today..."

That may be the top excuse worldwide!

As for the path to the tournament, it started long ago. Syracuse has just left it too often and put itself in a dangerous position with little room for error the rest of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom