Paul Harris tally's 37 & hauls in 14 boards | Syracusefan.com

Paul Harris tally's 37 & hauls in 14 boards

We have a couple that are friends of the family in the Philippines doing missions work that includes doing basketball camps for many of the children in the area. A lot of the children they work with are orphans. We were talking over lunch one day and got talking about their mission. They often have many of the pro players come around and help out with the camps. I knew that PH was over there doing work in the league and had discussed how much it has, " changed his life and is a fresh new start".

I mentioned it to the Mr. and he couldn't recall the name. Turns out that PH has a nickname given to him by the Filipinos and that is what he is called over there; I had to show him a picture (sorry I forgot the nickname). He said that PH actually comes to the mission a lot and works with the children there. I guess he joined the Baptist church a couple of years ago and seems to really be figuring life out. The Mr. said that basketball is huge over there along with hip-hop and that, combined, are a huge part of the youth Filipino culture. The Mr. said that PH is one of the hottest players over there right now and is a huge star.

That being said, the Mr. said that PH is one of the most humbled lovely people he has met. With his talks with PH, he said that PH had seemed to let go much of the past and sees life much differently. He also said that he is a natural with working with all the kids. Mr. said that PH is just a wonderful, caring, down-to-earth warm human being and his smile can light up a room.

We have a couple that are friends of the family in the Philippines doing missions work that includes doing basketball camps for many of the children in the area. A lot of the children they work with are orphans. We were talking over lunch one day and got talking about their mission. They often have many of the pro players come around and help out with the camps. I knew that PH was over there doing work in the league and had discussed how much it has, " changed his life and is a fresh new start".

I mentioned it to the Mr. and he couldn't recall the name. Turns out that PH has a nickname given to him by the Filipinos and that is what he is called over there; I had to show him a picture (sorry I forgot the nickname). He said that PH actually comes to the mission a lot and works with the children there. I guess he joined the Baptist church a couple of years ago and seems to really be figuring life out. The Mr. said that basketball is huge over there along with hip-hop and that, combined, are a huge part of the youth Filipino culture. The Mr. said that PH is one of the hottest players over there right now and is a huge star.

That being said, the Mr. said that PH is one of the most humbled lovely people he has met. With his talks with PH, he said that PH had seemed to let go much of the past and sees life much differently. He also said that he is a natural with working with all the kids. Mr. said that PH is just a wonderful, caring, down-to-earth warm human being and his smile can light up a room.

He didn't get much credit for it, but it was the same at Syracuse - the guy was community-minded and very generous with his time. Glad to see he's doing well.

That's great to hear. Had a chance to speak with Paul a couple of times during his time at SU and he really seemed like someone who could make a difference with young kids.

I'll never forget the time he grabbed the popcorn from a fan sitting courtside at the Dome. That was one for the ages. He also had a series of photos in which he was sporting a Hendrix like "Fro".