PAY THE STAFF!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

PAY THE STAFF!!!!!

OrangeHeel

Scout Team
I know it's been mentioned many times in many threads, but staff stability is a common theme among successful programs. I think we have a great staff. I know we got ACC money coming. No excuse to be Wisconsin-like. When we lose staff members let it be because they are taking major promotions, not lateral moves.

Go Orange! And to quote two great board philosophers -- War Damn Otto & -- UConn.

Happy 'Cuse New Year to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's been mentioned many times in many threads, but staff stability is a common theme among successful programs. I think we have a great staff. I know we got ACC money coming. No excuse to be Wisconsin-like. When we lose staff members let it be because they are taking major promotions, not lateral moves.

Not trying to be contrarian but where is their staff stability at top programs? Top programs bleed staff. It's a good problem to have. If a top tier program wants to pay our assistants, there's no way we'll match that.

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought Teddy KGB had joined this board.

I love this coaching staff and we need to do everything we can to keep it in tact. We have an identity. The hurry-up offense in which we can run it down your throat or light you up through the air. Yes, we have to start over with a new QB next year but the "system" is in place and that is huge. How awesome must it be for any potential recruit to watch our offense and hear the announcers compare it to the New Orleans Saints. Big props to Hackett. The defense is crazy. Yea we will give up some big plays here and there but I guarantee you NOONE looks forward to playing us. Visit any opposing teams messageboard after we play them and you will see what im talking about. Every opposing fan will admit that we are the hardest hitting, nastiest defense they've played all year. The relentless blitzing is awesome and like Palmer said its impossible to gameplan for because we might just send an all out blitz at you on first down...who does that? Shafer does, and thats why hes the man. I, along with others have been shaky on Marrone but this year has sealed it for me. This guy knows how to coach. He knows how to identify talent and I am confident he is going to bring us back to college football prominence.

I'll be pleseantly shocked if the staff stays intact this off season.

Not trying to be contrarian but where is their staff stability at top programs? Top programs bleed staff. It's a good problem to have. If a top tier program wants to pay our assistants, there's no way we'll match that.

Usually when top programs lose assistants they are position coaches moving up to coordinators or coordinators moving up to HC, not later moves which the OP is talking about.

Usually when top programs lose assistants they are position coaches moving up to coordinators or coordinators moving up to HC, not later moves which the OP is talking about.
Problem is there is a hierarchy involved. I don't think our staff moves laterally to a position coach spot at say Bowling Green or Memphis, but they could move to a higher profile position coach spot at a Michigan or Florida.

As long as we keep the CORE guys as i call them im happy,meaning marrone,hacket,shafer,adkins,and of course the old nyc hs coach our secondary coach

As long as we keep the CORE guys as i call them im happy,meaning marrone,hacket,shafer,adkins,and of course the old nyc hs coach our secondary coach
I'd like to add Wheat to that list. And from what is sounds like, Moore has been developing contacts in New Jersey so throw him in too.

when you look at Coach Marrone's salary compared to other Big East coaches it's a joke. With the new ACC money we should be better able to pay Doug and his staff the types of saleries that will keep this staff in place.

Problem is there is a hierarchy involved. I don't think our staff moves laterally to a position coach spot at say Bowling Green or Memphis, but they could move to a higher profile position coach spot at a Michigan or Florida.

Agreed. Where our program stands now though, I would consider one of our position coaches taking the same job at a selector school like Michigan or Florida as a promotion.

The cache of being part of the staff on this team is on it's way back to where it was 20 years ago, it will just take time. Need to pay our guys competitively enough that only a handful of other positional jobs are seen as promotions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom