Paying players Idea | Syracusefan.com

Paying players Idea

JazzNC

Starter
I don't have all of the specifics worked out yet, but my idea involves paying players in such a manner that it would increase accountability by both schools and the NCAA alike.

A player will get a stipend for each year in college to be payed by the NCAA if and only if the college he attends is not found guilty of any recruiting violations in the four years prior and for the duration of his collegiate experience.

If the college is found guilty of recruiting violations during the specified time, that stipend must be paid by the College instead of the NCAA.

This provides an incentive for the NCAA to crack down on the cheaters so they don't have to pay. It also provides the colleges an incentive to be clean so they don't have to pay the stipends.

I'm sure my idea needs some work, but it places greater accountability on the NCAA. If they don't want to pay it's in their best interest to actually find and crack down on the programs that are bribing players and engaging in fraud. Colleges would be reimbursing the NCAA for payments made to players if they were found guilty.

I was thinking the other benefit would be increased reassurance to a player that he's not going to go to a school that lands on probation, and have to deal with being withheld from the tournament or transferring.

I don't have all of the specifics worked out yet, but my idea involves paying players in such a manner that it would increase accountability by both schools and the NCAA alike.

A player will get a stipend for each year in college to be payed by the NCAA if and only if the college he attends is not found guilty of any recruiting violations in the four years prior and for the duration of his collegiate experience.

If the college is found guilty of recruiting violations during the specified time, that stipend must be paid by the College instead of the NCAA.

This provides an incentive for the NCAA to crack down on the cheaters so they don't have to pay. It also provides the colleges an incentive to be clean so they don't have to pay the stipends.

I'm sure my idea needs some work, but it places greater accountability on the NCAA. If they don't want to pay it's in their best interest to actually find and crack down on the programs that are bribing players and engaging in fraud. Colleges would be reimbursing the NCAA for payments made to players if they were found guilty.

We definitely need rules because people always cheat. And we need a police force to enforce the rules. And protocols and policies to ensure the integrity of the police force because people are immoral and evil by nature.

We definitely need rules because people always cheat. And we need a police force to enforce the rules. And protocols and policies to ensure the integrity of the police force because people are immoral and evil by nature.

Unfortunately my idea probably wouldn't be given enough consideration because it actually places accountability on the NCAA to punish cheaters, and pay players, AND forces schools to run clean programs.

Things that actually make sense don't ever happen LOL ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom