Pearl, Rosie & John Wallace | Syracusefan.com

Pearl, Rosie & John Wallace

Corpi33

Walk On
I played in a local golf tournament today at Lakeshore Yacht & Country Club and
i was lucky enough to have Rosie Bouie in my foursome for our round. Wow, he was a great pleasure to be around, very personable and down to earth, he was a blast to be with. He shared some great stories of the old days with all the great players and coaches. I also got to talk and share some stories with Pearl Washington, again very personable and approachable, allowed me to take a picture with him. I shared a story with him that he gat a kick out of. John Wallace was there as well and again was a great guy...Overall a GREAT Day for an Orange Fan

One of the things that I have often felt was not transparent enough in our program is how good some of these guys are. Some...most.

We have some ex-players (and current players) that are really good guys.

As a case in point...and I get that everyone loves to hate him...but Donte Green is a really good guy and a really nice person.

44cuse

One of the things that I have often felt was not transparent enough in our program is how good some of these guys are. Some...most.

We have some ex-players (and current players) that are really good guys.

As a case in point...and I get that everyone loves to hate him...but Donte Green is a really good guy and a really nice person.

44cuse

Donte literally saved someones life last year!

Donte literally saved someones life last year!

Absolutely. The Internet is a weird thing. Most of the people here that are so critical of players, coaches, etc would never say some of the things they do if they actually met some of these guys. A lot of pro and big time athletes are way more humble than people think.

And the next generation of guys (KD, Kyrie Irving, CP3, etc) are all really good guys. But particularly SU. Our hoops guys...the legacy, the family...they are tight and they love JB. It's been nice to see that coming to the forefront the last couple of years.

44cuse

JB not only looks for great athletes, but great people. He's always had a knack for avoiding the bad seeds/bad people in his program. We haven't had too many.

JB not only looks for great athletes, but great people. He's always had a knack for avoiding the bad seeds/bad people in his program. We haven't had too many.
I think he is great at molding young people, and making no player above the program. So you get with the program or you leave. It's a great program and kids are smart enough to see that.