Pearl to be honored as part of this year's class of ACC Basketball Legends. | Syracusefan.com

Pearl to be honored as part of this year's class of ACC Basketball Legends.

I believe Coleman and Owens (and probably more) are already on this ACC Legends thing. On the one hand it is bogus for the ACC to "claim" these players. On the other hand it is better for us that Syracuse has "no legends" when somebody looks at this list. Bottom line is that we're in the ACC now, if somebody is looking up Syracuse, one of the places they'd look is the ACC.

To follow up, I checked and it looks like we have 3 ACC Legends: Dave Bing, Derrick Coleman, and Pearl Washington. It sort of appears that each team gets one player put into this per year (or at least that you can't get more than one per team each year). For some reason, we didn't have anybody inducted in 2015.

To follow up, I checked and it looks like we have 3 ACC Legends: Dave Bing, Derrick Coleman, and Pearl Washington. It sort of appears that each team gets one player put into this per year (or at least that you can't get more than one per team each year). For some reason, we didn't have anybody inducted in 2015.

That's because we didn't participate in the ACCT in 2015.

I believe Coleman and Owens (and probably more) are already on this ACC Legends thing. On the one hand it is bogus for the ACC to "claim" these players. On the other hand it is better for us that Syracuse has "no legends" when somebody looks at this list. Bottom line is that we're in the ACC now, if somebody is looking up Syracuse, one of the places they'd look is the ACC.
Where does Lawrence Moten fall on the all-time ACC scoring list?

Half serious question.

Where does Lawrence Moten fall on the all-time ACC scoring list?

Half serious question.
He would be 8th, just in front of Gimiski. Laettner is higher but of his 2464 point I believe 1900 of them came from the free throw line. Could be wrong about that though.

Agree it's weird, but NASCAR has been doing it for years under different sponsors.

Cooney is legend

Nice to celebrate Pearl, unspeakably moronic that they play this make-believe game with guys who never were in the ACC.

If this is the league's idea of a way to make the new guys feel welcome, uh, thanks. But it's stupid.

Why not Quade Green? Or Thomas Bryant. Induct them as ACC Legends for Syracuse.

Pearl played 3 games against ACC teams...and the Orange lost them all.
Twice in the NCAA Tournament.
Seems like inducting him into the ACC Legends is the conference's version of alternative facts.

Floyd Little and Art Monk are ACC Legends.

Someday, even Troy Nunes.