Penn State - Holy Crap | Syracusefan.com

Penn State - Holy Crap

The B1G may not want them to continue as partners.

Psyche, Rutgers.

Awful story. So are they saying that the University was investigating him and didn't disclose it or that the University was notified by authorities that there was an investigation underway and they stayed mum and tried to deflect the cops? Sounds more like the AD knew something was going on, was asked about it by police, and he tried to cover it up.

Either way, very bad news for State Penn.

Various things from reading the PSU boards: There apparently was an investigation in 1999 but no charges. Sandusky resigned around that time. This seems to have been well known in PSU circles. Sandusky set up a foundation after he resigned which was designed to help kids. There's been a grand jury on this for two years.

PENN STATE TO THE SEC!

if you ain't lyin, you ain't tryin

"Longtime head coach Joe Paterno, who has more victories than any coach in the history of Division I football, was not charged, authorities said. When Paterno first learned of one report of abuse he immediately reported it to Curley, prosecutors said."

That guys balls need to be removed and fed to the dogs.

"Longtime head coach Joe Paterno, who has more victories than any coach in the history of Division I football, was not charged, authorities said. When Paterno first learned of one report of abuse he immediately reported it to Curley, prosecutors said."

And yet he continued to have access to the PSU facilities..

This will get ugly.

Best "you can't make this stuff up" moment ever - Sandusky's book title: "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story."

Huh, isn't everyone guilty here?

Hey, Coach Paterno, just saw Coach Sandusky having sex with a 10 Year old.

Okay, I'll let the A.D. know about this one!

Shouldn't Paterno, Grad Student, and everyone else let the authorities know? Didn't they think it was weird when good ole' Coach Sandusky was still hanging around after raping some 10 year old children? They should all go to jail.

What a sick, sick bastard. I hope he gets what he deserves in prison.

Better start using liquid soap, because I doubt this man survives in jail.

That was the most sickening thing I have ever read. Serious mental issues.

What a sick, sick *******. I hope he gets what he deserves in prison.

Better start using liquid soap, because I doubt this man survives in jail.

That was the most sickening thing I have ever read. Serious mental issues.

Thanks for reading it and replying - now I know not to read it so I don't get more p!ssed off.

So the punishment for a child molester is to ... start a foundation for kids? At risk kids? So that he now has access to a whole group of young people who are least able to defend themselves? Brilliant.

As a parent man, it has got to be really hurtful to realize you placed your son right in the hands of some of the very things you tried to keep them away from.

As a parent man, it has got to be really hurtful to realize you placed your son right in the hands of some of the very things you tried to keep them away from.

There was a pretty amusing comment on Deadspin about how creating a cinder block wall was a fun family activity. The punch line had to do with convincing your son its a good idea to be sealed in his room until he's 21. I have a 5 year old nephew and 6 year old niece, this seems perfectly reasonable.

Seriously, the media is going to protect Paterno. That POS actually had knowledge of this for years and had the freaking temerity to say that the allegations are "shocking." ARE YOU KIDDING ME! The more I read about this story the more upset I get when you see the media, for the most part, slobbering on JoePa and basically repeating the company line that he is "shocked." F him. He could have stopped this from happening at least as early as 2002 and probably earlier. And he didn't.

So the punishment for a child molester is to ... start a foundation for kids? At risk kids? So that he now has access to a whole group of young people who are least able to defend themselves? Brilliant.

And he got to use Penn State and its athletic and football facilities to rape children. And he wasn't banned from PSU until NOW! He was allowed to bring kids on campus up to 2009.

They need to fire Paterno. Don't give him the satisfaction of resigning, he doesn't deserve it.

If this is true it shows how skewed some are when a football program is more important than children being abused. Adults are the guardians of children and when things like this happen we see what priorities some people have. If any and I repeat any of these people in charge knew they too are responsible and should face charges. My lord this seems like the debacle ohio state had only much much worse kick it upstairs and forget about it. Maybe there is just too much money involved and it's sad when that becomes the most important thing or asset, children are and always will be our most treasured asset.

Discusting! I don't care who you reported it to if you are Joe Paterno and the grad student told you Sanduski was having any sort of physical contact with a child in the showers at your facilities how can you ever let him on campus again. When you report this and nothing happenes you go public 2-3 days later tops. Kids parents need to know that this guy could be doing that to their kids.
People knew about this and allowed it to comtinue, IMO they shouls all go to jail including Paterno. I feel badly for the grad student having to see that but how about umm I don't know calling the police and stepping up to stop it before it continues.