People are silly (Missou loss polling on ESPN as biggest upset ever) | Syracusefan.com

People are silly (Missou loss polling on ESPN as biggest upset ever)

djcon57

Living Legend
I'm NOT proud to say this...but Richmond over Syracuse is the biggest upset ever considering the talent divide in 1991.

And #2 is Santa Clara ..who had Steve Nash

Come on.

And it's not like Mizzou played a bad game. Norfolk St. was just out of their minds.

A lot of people are too young to remember even Hampton or Coppin St.

They were ranked #3 in the nation at the time with multiple #1 votes. What were we going into the Richmond game?

I'm not arguing btw, I agree 100% Syracuse/Richmond was MUCH bigger - but you could probably make some arguments for this one I guess.

And it's not like Mizzou played a bad game. Norfolk St. was just out of their minds.

Iowa State was GOOD that year with Fizer. South Carolina, nah.

Missouri needed a good run to help get back from a bunch of bad years - that loss really hurts. The good news is I have Marq to the FF.

Bigger than UNC Asheville over Syracuse?

Wait, they probably aren't including delusional upsets.

Norfolk St over Mizzou - ho humm - been there, done that! Besides we were the first!

Missouri needed a good run to help get back from a bunch of bad years - that loss really hurts. The good news is I have Marq to the FF.
I did too and then changed it. Pissed.

Mizzou was everything but literally a #1 seed. 30 wins, many were arguing against UNC in the top line. Very much so equivalent to a 1-16 upset.

I actually called the Coppin State one on a former bracket. I had seen them play during the season and thought they were really good. Wasn't wild about SC, picked the upset, people made fun of me, then couldn't believe I actually had it.

Yeah, I know, cool story bro, tell it again and all that. Probably my proudest bracket moment though.

Mizzou was everything but literally a #1 seed. 30 wins, many were arguing against UNC in the top line. Very much so equivalent to a 1-16 upset.
Exactly. I thought Mizzou was going to get the #1 seed in their backyard for the St. Louis regional. I was too young to remember the Richmond loss, but was SU even considered for a #1 seed at that time?

Were the Richmond players questioned for hours about possible NCAA violations before the game began, or was that just us?

Maybe those crack journalists at ESPN will hastily get another poll up about how the Lehigh / Duke upset historically rates.

ROFLMAO!