People did the "LOL Syracuse always loses in first round".. | Syracusefan.com

People did the "LOL Syracuse always loses in first round"..

djcon57

Living Legend
...thing for like 10 years now since we went back to back losing as a 4 and a 5 (which was a bogus 5, anyway). We're always picked against in the 1st round by experts etc.

So since 2007, where we have gone 6-0.. guess who's lost 3 times in the 1st round?

Georgetown - Lost as a 2, 3, and 6 seed
and
Duke - Lost as a 2, 3 and a 6 seed

I'll expect those two schools to be picked on accordingly by the media.

Last edited:
Plus,the second one, where we were a 5 seed, Gerry was all used up. He gave us everything in the 06 BET. It was the last game of his career and first game of his career where he went scoreless. Might also have been the fewest minutes he played in any game in 4 years. Dude was that B-17 that barely made it home after losing 2 engines, half a wing, and most of the tail section.

"Dude was that B-17 that barely made it home after losing 2 engines, half a wing, and most of the tail section."

A great line! Colorful, descriptive and spot on.

I'm glad you guys brought that up. If I remember corrently, that Cuse team was not even good enough to be on the bubble, but we got hot and won the BET. The committee should have awarded Cuse an 8 seed at best, but that would have been a huge slap in the face to the Big East. And Texas A&M was a really good team that had a terrible OOC schedule, so they were underseeded. And on top of that, Gerry's groin was severely hampered.
But it still counts as a first round exit.

...thing for like 10 years now since we went back to back losing as a 4 and a 5 (which was a bogus 5, anyway). We're always picked against in the 1st round by experts etc.

So since 2007, where we have gone 6-0.. guess who's lost 3 times in the 1st round?

Georgetown - Lost as a 2, 3, and 6 seed
and
Duke - Lost as a 2, 3 and a 6 seed

I'll expect those two schools to be picked on accordingly by the media.

Duke, maybe. Georgetown, no. Don't see them making the tournament enough times to acquire any kind of reputation.

All the Syracuse critics are taken it hard. And, all their pet teams have flopped. Harde har har.

Jayson Stark tweeted about this yesterday:

stark.jpg

To be fair, if we had 4 titles like duke nobody would ever bring up Richmond and Vermont.

well, to be technical, I dont think we will ever see SU in the first round...

Last edited:
We aren't out of the first weekend and already we are cocky. March madness is fun!
We went to the round of 8 two years ago, the final 4 last year , we have a hall of fame coach with 5 final 4's under his belt , we have 2 all Americans and a couple of 1st round NBA picks on the team , we had a 25 game undefeated streak in a major conference. Can't we be a little confident in this team?

We went to the round of 8 two years ago, the final 4 last year , we have a hall of fame coach with 5 final 4's under his belt , we have 2 all Americans and a couple of 1st round NBA picks on the team , we had a 25 game undefeated streak in a major conference. Can't we be a little confident in this team?

I said it was fun.

which means an 'L' tomorrow is underachieving

I'm glad you guys brought that up. If I remember corrently, that Cuse team was not even good enough to be on the bubble, but we got hot and won the BET. The committee should have awarded Cuse an 8 seed at best, but that would have been a huge slap in the face to the Big East. And Texas A&M was a really good team that had a terrible OOC schedule, so they were underseeded. And on top of that, Gerry's groin was severely hampered.
But it still counts as a first round exit.

Texas A&M was a 1 pt favorite at tipoff, which is all you need to know about how the committee messed those seeds up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom