Per Shafer | Syracusefan.com

Per Shafer

memcorsu

2nd String
Flemming has redshirt and is back 100%. "Looks really good... Body looks great and in shape"

chris carlson‏@ccarlsononSU1 min
shafer: "adrian flemming will be back. looking good, has bounce back.'

Harvey and Samuels... Great families. Big kids who can set and hold the point. Getting doubled teamed by kids that know how to double team. Likes DT haul.

Went after long lean 'play makers". Kids whose bodies are going to grow in the right way and not the wrong way (having to loose weight).

I really feel for this kid - if I remember correctly, Marrone used up his redshirt as a freshman late in the year for the Rutgers away game (2010 or 2011?) and he got a pass interference call moving the chains for us and getting us into field goal range - it was a defensive battle but I think we won by one or two points. I don't think he saw the field much if at all after that game or in any other game that year.

• Likes the areas that we are going into. "they have been good to him; those players made him look like a better coach then he was"
  • Would like to get more local talent but felt that many of the kids felt they could get earlier playing time somewhere else. Winning will change this
  • Was not happy with the productivity of WR. Wanted tall play makers.
  • Wanted more defensive players at the skill position... Needed them because of loss of players and specially for the kicking game.
  • Was only going to take O line men that were "special" feels that way about both players
  • Only wanted one RB and that needed to be dynamic who could play RB and move out
  • Stressed "high character" 18 players captains and 4 multi-year captains
  • Loves the recruiting aspect of college football meeting families etc... (anti-marrone)
  • Props to White and other fella and lady sry forgot name
  • All positions are wide open.
  • Can never have to many qbs remembers starting a 5 sting for 7 games because of injuries

"Looks really good... Body looks great and in shape"

sterling-archer1.jpg

Forgot... Started the presser with, "Syracuse Media is # Hardnosed for making it out in such weather"

I really feel for this kid - if I remember correctly, Marrone used up his redshirt as a freshman late in the year for the Rutgers away game (2010 or 2011?) and he got a pass interference call moving the chains for us and getting us into field goal range - it was a defensive battle but I think we won by one or two points. I don't think he saw the field much if at all after that game or in any other game that year.

Marrone talked about this at a lunch. The player and the family wanted him to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom