percent drop in qb rating conf vs non conf | Syracusefan.com

percent drop in qb rating conf vs non conf

Millhouse

Living Legend
I was curious where Nassib stands in terms of the percentage drop off in rating in conference vs non conference.

I did it as a percent to not unduly punish people with high conference ratings that had ridiculously high non conference ratings.

(non conf rating - conf rating) / non conf rating

for 2011, nassib had a 20% drop off. 8th worst in the country. Now it's possible that he's a little better but not much - i only have the top 100 for both conf and non conf so there could be someone who doesn't make the top 100 in non conf. would take forever to get everyone. so among guys who cracked the top 100 in both, he's 8th worst

in 2010, he had a 31% drop. that's 3rd worst. (he didn't make the top 100 in conference but i looked up his rating in conference)

this year, 25% drop off. That puts you at about 5th or 6th worst in 2010 or 2011.

There is only one other guy in the top 10 worst dropoff both years. Chris Relf Miss State. I don't know much about that guy but he got benched

I'm sure these drops are just coincidence

Also, his non conference rating wasn't so great where there was an inevitable dropoff like wilson and griffin. but even those guys had much lower drops

no one in the top 10 on this list is any good

2011 list
Jordan Webb
Connor Shaw
Marshall Lobbestael
Seth Doege
B.J. Daniels
Mike Glennon
Aaron Murray
Ryan Nassib
Ryan Griffin
Nick Foles

any did you think he played that poorly fri night? he made the bad fade throw, which was just a bad call more than anything else asking a QB to throw a skinny fade. he had a huge drop by sales that would have put us in the red zone. he threw a nice slant to lemon that was dropped that was probably PI. he tried a deep ball to West that was covered.

one bad throw was on a boot action where he had a short guy uncovered for 5-10 yds and a deeper guy open and he missed by a mile..

haven't watched the game again, but the QB ratings will take a drop when we see press coverage and every throw has to be short to be completed. His best throw was probably the 4th down to West where he threw before West had started his cut and the throw was right on the money.

we dont get 40-50 yd passes , when was the last one the Kobena play game one?

any did you think he played that poorly fri night? he made the bad fade throw, which was just a bad call more than anything else asking a QB to throw a skinny fade. he had a huge drop by sales that would have put us in the red zone. he threw a nice slant to lemon that was dropped that was probably PI. he tried a deep ball to West that was covered.

one bad throw was on a boot action where he had a short guy uncovered for 5-10 yds and a deeper guy open and he missed by a mile..

haven't watched the game again, but the QB ratings will take a drop when we see press coverage and every throw has to be short to be completed. His best throw was probably the 4th down to West where he threw before West had started his cut and the throw was right on the money.

we dont get 40-50 yd passes , when was the last one the Kobena play game one?

yes, i think he completely stunk serviceably managed the game with obvious limitations in a good college qb sort of way

i'm prepared for another big east season filled with press coverage posts

and part of the reason we don't get long passes is because Nassib can't do it

they're still trying to extract his hail mary pass from the tuba that tomcat commissioned

I forgot that one.. at the game you can see that the 3rd option is often the one thats open. what concerns me is that we probably ran half our passing plays with schemes that only had 1-2 options. having some happy feet doesn't help.

yes, i think he completely stunk serviceably managed the game with obvious limitations in a good college qb sort of way

i'm prepared for another big east season filled with press coverage posts

and part of the reason we don't get long passes is because Nassib can't do it

they're still trying to extract his hail mary pass from the tuba that tomcat commissioned

It's funny that last week we had a thread killing Troy Nunes.

In the same season as his infamous play vs. Michigan, he was 12-17 for 112 yards in a win vs. Pitt. That's 6.59 yards per attempt.

The unquestionably-best-QB-since-McNabb had a 6.17 YPA on Friday night.

Just' sayin'.

I forgot that one.. at the game you can see that the 3rd option is often the one thats open. what concerns me is that we probably ran half our passing plays with schemes that only had 1-2 options. having some happy feet doesn't help.
this is why i continue to wonder if alec lemon playing a prominent role hurts us even though I don't blame lemon for that one bit

Are some people still contending he's the 4th best QB in the country?

I was curious where Nassib stands in terms of the percentage drop off in rating in conference vs non conference.

I did it as a percent to not unduly punish people with high conference ratings that had ridiculously high non conference ratings.

(non conf rating - conf rating) / non conf rating

for 2011, nassib had a 20% drop off. 8th worst in the country. Now it's possible that he's a little better but not much - i only have the top 100 for both conf and non conf so there could be someone who doesn't make the top 100 in non conf. would take forever to get everyone. so among guys who cracked the top 100 in both, he's 8th worst

in 2010, he had a 31% drop. that's 3rd worst. (he didn't make the top 100 in conference but i looked up his rating in conference)

this year, 25% drop off. That puts you at about 5th or 6th worst in 2010 or 2011.

There is only one other guy in the top 10 worst dropoff both years. Chris Relf Miss State. I don't know much about that guy but he got benched

I'm sure these drops are just coincidence

Also, his non conference rating wasn't so great where there was an inevitable dropoff like wilson and griffin. but even those guys had much lower drops

no one in the top 10 on this list is any good

2011 list
Jordan Webb
Connor Shaw
Marshall Lobbestael
Seth Doege
B.J. Daniels
Mike Glennon
Aaron Murray
Ryan Nassib
Ryan Griffin
Nick Foles

Aaron Murray is a very good and projected as a 2nd round pick. While I don't know him well, I know who his father is as he is from Syracuse and went to the same HS as me but they eventually moved to Florida. Anyways, at least you are only complaining on a message board. After UGa lost to South Carolina some irate fans egged Murrays house on the same day he found out his father had cancer. Nice people down there.

Anyways, at least you are only complaining on a message board. After UGa lost to South Carolina some irate fans egged Murrays house on the same day he found out his father had cancer. Nice people down there.

Can we start a thread to archive stuff like this, so when people whine about how "tough" it is to coach and play in Syracuse, because our fans are just the meanest in the world, I can just post a link to it?

Ugh.

Aaron Murray is a very good and projected as a 2nd round pick. While I don't know him well, I know who his father is as he is from Syracuse and went to the same HS as me but they eventually moved to Florida. Anyways, at least you are only complaining on a message board. After UGa lost to South Carolina some irate fans egged Murrays house on the same day he found out his father had cancer. Nice people down there.
Murray is the best of that bunch. Foles was ok.

they're much better than nassib both in and out of conference. they just had fairly big percentage drop offs.

the point was to show that not many qbs drop off as much as nassib does consistently

So how bad are the other QBs we have then?

So how bad are the other QBs we have then?
how are any of us supposed to know?

loeb and kinder looked really bad at the one practiced i half-watched

marrone gets low marks from me for not finding anyone else to play in 2011

how are any of us supposed to know?

loeb and kinder looked really bad at the one practiced i half-watched

marrone gets low marks from me for not finding anyone else to play in 2011
It really does hold the 'ol optimism back knowing that we have no idea what's on the bench.

Nassib has his faults, no getting around that. But if he's the best of the lot we're left to hope that next season gets better just because we have someone different at QB.

That seems... shaky.

It really does hold the 'ol optimism back knowing that we have no idea what's on the bench.

Nassib has his faults, no getting around that. But if he's the best of the lot we're left to hope that next season gets better just because we have someone different at QB.

That seems... shaky.

we don't have to rely on kinder and loeb. just because the next guy isn't ready now doesn't mean we'll be worse next year.

all college players run out of eligibility and most get better over time

how bad does a guy need to be in conference games for people not to worry about him moving on?

all college players run out of eligibility and most get better over time
Suppose Nassib hasn't really gotten better.

Given that he's the starting QB and getting the majority of the practice snaps and all of the game snaps, where are you expecting the improvement in the backups to come from?

Suppose Nassib hasn't really gotten better.

Given that he's the starting QB and getting the majority of the practice snaps and all of the game snaps, where are you expecting the improvement in the backups to come from?
They'll get more snaps in practice after Nassib goes to the NAFL

They'll get more snaps in practice after Nassib goes to the NAFL
That's a short window.

I'd really feel better if we can go to a bowl and get those extra practices.