Perception of Team and Performance. Was that a BTN Broadcast? | Syracusefan.com

Perception of Team and Performance. Was that a BTN Broadcast?

nralecuse

Walk On
I wonder how much influence the broadcast/announcers had on the overall perception of this team postgame. Seemed everything we did was cast in the negative. The one guy seem to frequently say thinks like "I don't want to take anything away from Syracuse BUT..."

We all have fun talking about the announcer bias in games but yesterday was the first time I remember thinking this game must be a BTN production and I was listening to Penn State announcers/homers. There were several advertisements sponsored by the Big Ten and I expected to see a similar ACC/Syracuse advertisement to follow. Didn't see it and not sure it happen? The anouncers were sooooooo bad I actually found an SU broadcast on the internet and muted the game broadcast! [never did that before].

This team will right itself and we WILL suprise everyone this year. Growing pains. Keep the faith.
GO ORANGE !

Agree with everything you wrote and was thinking it throughout the game

It was really evident when they ran an entire Penn State highlight package from last season, and did a still photo shot of the Syracuse trip to Ft. Drum.

Penn St comprised the vast majority of fans at the game and watching on tv. They were just catering to their audience. If we were playing them in basketball the script would be flipped.
That being said, it still bothered me.

I wonder how much influence the broadcast/announcers had on the overall perception of this team postgame. Seemed everything we did was cast in the negative. The one guy seem to frequently say thinks like "I don't want to take anything away from Syracuse BUT..."

We all have fun talking about the announcer bias in games but yesterday was the first time I remember thinking this game must be a BTN production and I was listening to Penn State announcers/homers. There were several advertisements sponsored by the Big Ten and I expected to see a similar ACC/Syracuse advertisement to follow. Didn't see it and not sure it happen? The anouncers were sooooooo bad I actually found an SU broadcast on the internet and muted the game broadcast! [never did that before].

This team will right itself and we WILL suprise everyone this year. Growing pains. Keep the faith.
GO ORANGE !
Agree, the commentator who went off about Keon Lyn needing to be ejected after his hit on the tight end was double-talking the whole incident. He said he left his feet when he did not. First he spouts that it's a clear breaking of the rule. Then after repeated replays he talks about erring on the side of being conservative when things are not clear.

I think they managed to get to just bad in the second half after being ludicrous in the first half. Almost wondered if someone didn't give them a call and tell them to calm down on the pro-PSU. It really was over-the-top in the first half.

they all are card carrying members of nambla - thats why music is on when i watch games-

My favorite part was when one of them mentioned how bad they felt for the PSU kicker and how we should all be rooting for him. Screw that I hope he doesn't make another kick the rest of his life.

My favorite part was when one of them mentioned how bad they felt for the PSU kicker and how we should all be rooting for him. Screw that I hope he doesn't make another kick the rest of his life.
My favorite part was when one of them was saying "That would only apply in case of pass interference ..." and immediately after the ref said the penalty was pass interference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom