Perhaps we've bottomed out, or turned the corner ... | Syracusefan.com

Perhaps we've bottomed out, or turned the corner ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
it only remains to be seen. There will probably be a few more bumps in the road, but this has been a sorely needed breath of fresh air. So on to my next question: How is Chukwu's eye coming along? Is there an expectation for him to be game-ready while it still counts? Is he a player when healthy? With DC's knees, it could only be good to have him.

Have to think they're going to redshirt him, right? I mean there's not much use trotting him out there in an essentially lost season when DC, TT, and TL can cover the position.

Have to think they're going to redshirt him, right? I mean there's not much use trotting him out there in an essentially lost season when DC, TT, and TL can cover the position.
He sat out a year for the transfer. No RS available, unless he applies for a hardship waiver. I think. How many games did he play in this season?

He sat out a year for the transfer. No RS available, unless he applies for a hardship waiver. I think. How many games did he play in this season?
I believe he could still get his medical RS, there's no way he played in enough games to blow that chance.

I don't think he qualifies for a medical redshirt since he already sat out a year while transferring:

Athletes must keep in mind both the five-year clock and their four seasons of competition. Even if an athlete gets a medical hardship waiver, he or she needs to have time left on their five-year clock to use that season.

This is problematic for athletes took a normal redshirt season or sat out due to a transfer. An athlete can generally not use a medical redshirt in those cases unless they get a clock extension or sixth year waiver. To do that the athlete show they lost two seasons outside of his or her control. The medical redshirt would be one, but the athlete would still need to show another.

How to Get a Medical Redshirt

He already used it for his transfer year.

5 to play 4, that's what you get except for very very rare situations. He has 2 years left after this season to complete his eligibility.

The last guy I remembering getting 6 was Robbie Hummel from Purdue. I believe he tore his ACL twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom