Perspective | Syracusefan.com

Perspective

Marsh01

Living Legend
We played a bad game today. It was bound to happen. We were 40-1 in our last 41 regular season games. Think about that. We were due to lose a game. This team is going to take some lumps this season. We have been spoiled as fans the past year.

We certainly need to fix some things. Free throw shooting...defensive rebounding and we need more from our bigs. I am confident we can get those corrected. Too much talent not to work through these things.

All we need to do is put ourselves in a position to get a top 4 seed and take our chances. Louisville proved that last year.

All this talk of we are overrated...unchallenged...and the other phlegm that is being spewed is stupid. Let the same season play out and see what happens. I for one am not going to get caught up in our record. Just improve on our weekensses.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Marsh is right in his estimation of what happened and needs to happen.
The thing that bothered me the most was, as a team, not talking about individual efforts, Temple wanted this game more than Syracuse. Their effort under the boards and on loose balls made us look weak. If it weren't for Kieta, CJ and BT we would have had next to nothing.

The thing that bothered me the most was, as a team, not talking about individual efforts, Temple wanted this game more than Syracuse. Their effort under the boards and on loose balls made us look weak. If it weren't for Kieta, CJ and BT we would have had next to nothing.

This was really a perfect storm kind of a game. Phenomenal play by they team (especially Wyatt and their big) and we really failed to capitalize on many many FT attempts and gave them way too many second chance opportunities.

Get the next 2 wins, get the D and rebounding back to where it was and start the BE off with a win against rutgers and go from there.

As I watched Butler mugging IU last week, I kept thinking that when we ran into a hard-nosed team like that, we'd be in big trouble.
Obviously, Temple is not Butler- but their M.O. is the same...sticky defense and hustle hustle hustle.
Cooley, ND and teams like that will give us fits this year if our bigs don't improve significantly.

As I watched Butler mugging IU last week, I kept thinking that when we ran into a hard-nosed team like that, we'd be in big trouble.
Obviously, Temple is not Butler- but their M.O. is the same...sticky defense and hustle hustle hustle.
Cooley, ND and teams like that will give us fits this year if our bigs don't improve significantly.

The last thing I wanted to see was them laying an egg to Canisus.

Marsh...since you are always Uconn, maybe you should change your icon image to show this. OK, maybe not. Ha ha there buddy.

We were terrible on a national stage. A lot of work to do from here.

We wanted to play patty cake, Temple wanted to play ball.

Definitely not panic mode - yet. Who ever has the time and motivation should research the teams that have lost early to 10-point or more underdogs and go onto win the tournament or at least get a top seed. In the 2008-2009 season, UNC lost to Boston College who was a 22.5 point underdog in their first conference game. They had several other bad losses that year and eventually demolished teams in the tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom